Author Topic: marshaller sign  (Read 1773 times)

dragunov2020

marshaller sign
« on: June 12, 2020, 12:07:49 am »
hello , at copenhagen (fly tampa v2.0 ) for p3d v4.5 , i choose gate B6 during approach and the gate has already marshaller sign Nevertheless i found a marshaller man standing infront of it , and also keep standing in position even after engines shut down

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: marshaller sign
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:31:26 pm »
If with "the gate has already marshaller sign", you mean the gate has a Visual Docking system so it wouldn't need a Marshaller, it's entirely normal because, if a scenery uses its own Visual docking system, GSX cannot possibly know about it. GSX can only recognize a Visual docking system if:

- It's a Visual Docking system added with GSX

OR

- It's a SODE VGDS Docking system, which requires a SODE payware extension called SODE VGDS

If the scenery uses any other method to create Visual docking systems, you must configure the parking in the GSX configuration page, to disable the Marshaller, by setting the Parking system to "None".

dragunov2020

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 08:40:05 pm »
ya i have VGDS pack (v 1.1) and GSX read it when i choose the gate in approach phase and it works fine. but not every time in addons that support VGDS like this case in copenhagen. i know that not all addons (airports) support VGDS. but in the airports that support like MK studios and flytampa , GSX not reading the VGDS every time   
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:41:55 pm by dragunov2020 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 12:09:21 pm »
GSX not reading the VGDS every time 

GSX surely recognize the SODE VGDS, assuming the gate name has been specified correctly in the scenery SODE XML file.

Assuming it is, if you have made ( or downloaded ) a GSX customization file for that airport, it that file manually specified a different parking system, like the Marshaller, that customization will always take precedence over the default behavior, because it's considered to be "your" customization. If that file was made before the scenery supported SODE VGDS, it might have overridden the VGDS.

If GSX detected the SODE VGDS, you should see a "SODE VGDS" available in the options for the parking system.