Author Topic: Options to add gates to a new airport created with ADE  (Read 2577 times)

dfreemanfso

Options to add gates to a new airport created with ADE
« on: June 09, 2020, 10:15:34 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I've posted the same question over in the ADE forum, but wanted to get your opinion as well.  I have created a custom airport (KELP) with ADE and would like to add more GSX gates to the airport (the default has 9 gates and the real airport has 15).  However, since GSX reads the gate/parking information from the default  airport bgl located in P3D\Scenery\0202\scenery\APX19200.bgl, any new gate I add through ADE won't show.  I can move the current gates with GSX in the sim, but have yet to figure out how to add  the 6 more I need to get the airport's parking accurate.  Is there a way to edit or manipulate the .ini file in Appdata to tell GSX to get my gate data from my ADEP4 bgl instead of the APX19200.bgl?  I read the portion of the manual on this, and it seems that while I can place the .ini file with my addon scenery folder that it will create a new .ini file in Appdata if edit gates in sim.  Just looking for a way to add 6 gates to the airport.

Sorry for rambling.

Thanks,

Dave Freeman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Options to add gates to a new airport created with ADE
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 10:26:05 pm »
GSX supports only one AFCAD at the time.

If you create an add-on AFCAD that is supposed to only add something to another one, it won't use it. The AFCAD you create must be self-contained, that is made to work stand-alone without requiring another one.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:49:51 pm »
 Did you just edit the default KELP? Start with that and GSX will have no problem seeing the new parking spots.

dfreemanfso

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 01:32:33 am »
Did you just edit the default KELP? Start with that and GSX will have no problem seeing the new parking spots.

Working that now.  I'm using ADE to adjust the parking positions and gate #s then saving as the original .bgl file in the P3D main scenery folder.  If that works, I'll open GSX in the sim and edit the jetways.  Wish me luck lol.  This is my first time making a scenery.

Thanks,

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:37:58 pm »
Working that now.  I'm using ADE to adjust the parking positions and gate #s then saving as the original .bgl file in the P3D main scenery folder. 

You mean you overwrote the original APX19200.bgl in its place ?

If yes, that's a problem, usually default .BGL files contains more than one airport, and several fixes and navaids of that area, but if you use the open Stock airport option in ADE, it will open just the airport you asked for and, if you re-save on the same file, it will now include ONLY that edited airport.