Author Topic: Jetways in the air at bikf  (Read 3070 times)

hebeoy

Jetways in the air at bikf
« on: June 09, 2020, 05:27:46 pm »
When jetways are in the air I correct this with Orbx AEC. Some are and others are not! Why?
But this has not been possible with bikf.
An other way to correct this problem should be to click on the aeroplane icon to set the “infected “ airport to the correct level. This has never worked for me!
Any solutions?

Yours Henrik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways in the air at bikf
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 05:38:47 pm »
An other way to correct this problem should be to click on the aeroplane icon to set the “infected “ airport to the correct level. This has never worked for me!

Do you mean the airplane icon solution is not working ONLY at BIKF, it it never worked for you anywhere ? And BTW, please clearly indicate which scenery for BIKF you are using, default or 3rd party ?

hebeoy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:20:02 am »
P3D v. 4.3 Orbx Iceland Demo and Base Pack and Vectors Pack.
Updated Sode. Still no luck with Orbx AEC for BIKF. Then I tried the GSX airplane icon solution and that worked.
Now to LIRA. Jetways in the air. Tried the GSX airplane icon solution but no succes. Tried Orbx AEC and that worked.
When you come to an airport with jetways in the air it would be so much more easy if I could get the GSX airplane icon solution to work.
Any ideas? Maybe a link to a manual would help me.
Henrik

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 11:39:35 am »
If you're running ORBX Vectors, you need to run AEC any time you install new scenery. After that, if you still have issues, you can then use the GSX airplane icon.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:12:44 pm »
When you come to an airport with jetways in the air it would be so much more easy if I could get the GSX airplane icon solution to work.

Of course the airplane icon works but, it should be done *after* you fixed the altitude conflicts caused by OrbX. And, you should use it when you are on that airport, on ground.

hebeoy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 07:00:37 pm »
So the procedure is this:
In an airport with floating jetways/shut down the sim/go to Orbx aec and manually disable the airport/ start the sim at the problem airport/ if no more floating jetways then do noting/ still floating jetways use GSX airplane icon trick to set the correct elevation.
Am I right?
Henrik

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 12:10:27 am »
Go to ORBX AEC, disable all the airports that you have add-on scenery for (doesn't matter of the airport has a problem or not, you need to do this anyway, better to just get it all done in one go), start the simulator, and if you have an issue with floating jetways, then use the GSX airplane icon to set the correct elevation.
Captain Kevin