Author Topic: GSX Will Aways revert to Trial Mode  (Read 3599 times)

Langyboy63

GSX Will Aways revert to Trial Mode
« on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:55 pm »
Hi

Every time I use V4.5, if I do not do a live update GSX does not load, in the Add On Manager, it says it is in trial mode, so I have to come out of P3D V4.5 and do a live update and then it shows as per the attachment

I have tried everything I can think of, uninstalling etc, excluding from Antivirus Firewall etc etc.

I have read other topics and tried everything I can think of, downloaded the latest installers etc, tried previous installers, deleted any files associated with Coulti, virtual and MS Scripts etc..

It didn't happen before I installed P3d V5, but I have completely uninstalled V5 and only have V4.5 on my PC.

Is there anything that will remedy this.

Thanks
Chris

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: GSX Will Aways revert to Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 08:03:15 am »
Same issue here. Waiting to see what I need to do to fix the issue.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 08:04:06 am »
Also that pic is showing gsx level 2, just as an fyi.

Langyboy63

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 09:17:41 am »
It is the same for GSX.

They both revert to trial mode if I don't do a live update every time I launch the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 11:54:04 am »
They both revert to trial mode if I don't do a live update every time I launch the sim

That seems to indicate either you or another add-on must have set the sim in a wrong "Compatibility" mode, since the Live Update reset it to the correct value ( no Compatibility mode, that's the default the sim installs with ), that's why it gets fixed.

In some cases, even Windows itself might set a wrong compatibility mode automatically, either because an add-on started by the simulator requires it, or after a crash, Windows will try to help you running the program even if it wasn't required.

Running the sim in the wrong Compatibility mode will result in some performance loss ( video drivers will run in a reduced performance mode ) and issues with registry keys, since different registry root keys will be used, which will cause problem to many products, like reverting in Trial, which the Live Update fixes by resetting all compatibility modes to default.

The only compatibility mode that is safe to us is "run as adminstrator", that can be used or not, it won't make any difference to us, even if some add-ons requires it, so the Live Update won't remove it if it's enabled, even if it's not a default setting.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 01:13:53 am »
So what are you recommending we do? I am running p3d in admin mode, but that is it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 03:06:53 am »
So what are you recommending we do? I am running p3d in admin mode, but that is it.

I already wrote in private about that, since it's specific to your order and doesn't apply to anybody else.

Sierraaero

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 03:37:14 pm »
Hi, Umberto

I'm having the exact same problem. I've opened a new thread about it but no one replied so far.

How did you guys fix it?

Sierraaero

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 02:00:03 pm »

I already wrote in private about that, since it's specific to your order and doesn't apply to anybody else.

Can you share the solution or apply the same with me? The same problem is occurring.