Author Topic: FSX SE not showing up  (Read 3079 times)

awisbey

FSX SE not showing up
« on: May 31, 2020, 12:22:01 am »
I go to install the adddon and it only comes up with fsx in stand alone and then it comes up with the sode registry to p3d is invalid when i selected fsx and not p3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX SE not showing up
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 04:04:14 pm »
Your post is not very clear but, if I understood correctly, SODE is telling you have FSX only, but pointing to the P3D folder ? That seems to indicate you use ( or used in the past ), the extremely dangerous P3D Migration tool, which will destroy your P3D installation by hacking the registry and make it appear as an FSX installation, to force installers not compatible with P3D to go there.

This of course will totally confuse PROPER products, like GSX and SODE, which support P3D and FSX properly, and must recognize them as they are.

If you are still using this utility, just stop, because it does more damage than a virus, and if it offers an option to Undo all the damage it did, use it. If not, or you used it in the past and you have already removed, I'm afraid you don't have many other options than to UNINSTALL P3D and REINSTALL IT AGAIN.

If you don't do that, you are going to have endless of issues from all products, especially the native P3D ones.

awisbey

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 04:48:03 pm »
I have deleted all my p3d folders but it still comes up with the problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 04:52:22 pm »
I have deleted all my p3d folders but it still comes up with the problem

Nowhere I said you would be able to fix this by removing the folders. Your problem is the registry, and if you don't know exactly how to fix it, only reinstalling P3D will fix it.

And that's might not even be enough, since you'll have to also CLEAN your fake FSX installation, assuming you don't really have FSX installed, which also requires manually clearing the FSX registry keys.

awisbey

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 11:24:56 pm »
I have got the correct fsx its not fake we fixed the p3d one but not its just a blank screen and it not showing any sode platform in the manager so im not sure what to do it just blank even if i install sode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 01:11:35 pm »
I have got the correct fsx its not fake we fixed the p3d one but not its just a blank screen and it not showing any sode platform in the manager so im not sure what to do it just blank even if i install sode.

That means they are still not correct. As I've said, it's not as easy as you might assume, there are multiple registry keys for each sim, in different part of the registry, which changes depending on the OS and your account settings .

The only thing sure is, if SODE has a trouble registering, it can only means your registry keys are still messed up.

awisbey

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 01:27:59 pm »
well im not sure what to do i fixed it so p3d is not showing but fsx not showing still so ye

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 01:29:55 pm »
well im not sure what to do i fixed it so p3d is not showing but fsx not showing still so ye

Please try to write in a way that is easier to understand.

- Which simulators you have *actually* installed now ?

- Which simulators SODE has trouble registering ?

awisbey

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 12:27:48 am »
I have fsx SE and sode is not registering for fsxSE and its not coming up in my fsx in addons sections

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 11:07:49 am »
I have fsx SE and sode is not registering for fsxSE and its not coming up in my fsx in addons sections

This means your FSX SE registry keys are still wrong, so the best option is to uninstall and reinstall it from the Steam interface.