Author Topic: Aerosoft Trondheim with MaddogX: P3Dv4, GSX  (Read 4846 times)

Jetzuri

Aerosoft Trondheim with MaddogX: P3Dv4, GSX
« on: May 27, 2020, 08:29:46 pm »
Hello,

I noticed strange behaviour of passengers disembarking, climbing up out of a jetway, standing and enjoying the view before disappearing.

The strange thing is, I don't have GSX L2, so why do I even see pax?

Thanks,

Alan
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:21:18 pm by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

Jetzuri

Re: Aerosoft Trondheim
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:15 pm »
Unfortunately disembarking doesn't seem to end either, I shut down the sim after waiting 20 minutes (MD82, 120 pax).

I read in the GSX manual that Level 2 has a density setting, is this being applied in GSX (not L2) as I can actually see them disembark one by one? Should I have waited longer, 30 minutes perhaps?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:21:54 pm by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft Trondheim with MaddogX: P3Dv4, GSX
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:04:15 pm »
If with MD82, you mean Leonardo MD82, they can interface and control GSX and the number of passenger and crew from the airplane code so, it's likely you are not following some airplane-specific procedure, so boarding doesn't start.

I suggest asking Leonardo for clarification.

Jetzuri

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the reply.

I'm referring to disembarkation, not boarding. I can check LeonardoSH anyway to see if they have an influence on the amount of time it takes to disembark.

• Should I be seeing passengers if I don't have GSX Level 2?
  • How can I correct the disembarking pax climbing invisible stairs to stand on top of the jetway?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:12:56 pm by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 05:15:16 pm »
Should I be seeing passengers if I don't have GSX Level 2?

No, you shouldn't. That's strange.

How can I correct the disembarking pax climbing invisible stairs to stand on top of the jetway?

Try clicking the small airplane icon on the GSX parking customization dialog that reads "Ground Elevation".

Jetzuri

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 05:39:03 pm »
OK, I tried the elevation button, it seems to be correct already at 6.501(m?).

If you look at my screenshot in the first post, you will see the pax exiting the aircraft at the right elevation, then start climbing invisible stairs. The guy in the jetway is halfway up those "stairs".

Can I deactivate the visible pax somehow?
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:41:54 pm »
If you look at my screenshot in the first post, you will see the pax exiting the aircraft at the right elevation, then start climbing invisible stairs. The guy in the jetway is halfway up those "stairs".

Are those SODE jetways provided with the scenery ? Then it's possible a problem with their configuration, or simply because of their unusual build.

Can I deactivate the visible pax somehow?

The issue is, without GSX L2 active, you weren't even supposed to see passengers. Are you sure it's not active ?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:12:25 pm by virtuali »

Jetzuri

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »
They came with the scenery yes, SODE activated of course. I think Tromso (ENTC) has the similar model, maybe Oslo too, they slide up and down in the H frame but can't move backwards and forwards. I can check with the SODE people?

The Addon Manager says "Product in TRIAL mode", and I definitely haven't bought it.
Regards,

Alan

Jetzuri

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 09:24:12 pm »
Leonardo reports that they have no influence on the disembarking time, SODE reports that they have no influence on the pax.

• What are the possible options for the following in CouatlAddons.ini?
    pax_density = 1
  • How can I disable the visible pax completely?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:12:53 am by Jetzuri »
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 01:15:30 pm »
Leonardo reports that they have no influence on the disembarking time

Maybe you haven't asked the right question. Nowhere I said it was a passenger "time" issue, but rather a passenger *number* and I assure you some of the variables we added to let an airplane control the passenger number or the crew number, were made because they asked for it so, I must assume they must have used it somehow.

SODE reports that they have no influence on the pax.

that is correct, and nowhere I ever said SODE could affect this.

How can I disable the visible pax completely?

As I've said, you are not supposed to see anybody. We'll have to check this, perhaps is something related to the airport itself. Do you have passengers at other airports ?

Jetzuri

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 01:22:00 pm »
Please feel free to tell me what I should be asking Leonardo.

I have noticed this at other airports in the past but it didn't bother me, I assumed it was part of GSX as a taster of what GSX Level 2 can do. I'm afraid I don't recall which of my add-on airports it was.
Regards,

Alan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 01:25:23 pm »
Please feel free to tell me what I should be asking Leonardo.

hat I said in my previous post, if the airplane controls the number of passengers on board. But that's besides the point, you shouldn't see any passenger if you don't have GSX L2 active.

I have noticed this at other airports in the past but it didn't bother me, I assumed it was part of GSX as a taster of what GSX Level 2 can do. I'm afraid I don't recall which of my add-on airports it was.

Then report back if it happens on another airport and, most importantly, clearly indicate which kind of jetways ( standard, SODE or GSX/SODE ) that airport has.

Jetzuri

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 01:27:56 pm »
Thanks, will do, and please let me know when you find a way to remove the pax completely.

If the airport has SODE jetways and I have GSX, isn't the only option SODE/GSX in all cases?
Regards,

Alan

Airmaz1

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 08:39:54 pm »
Hello.

I've seen this same problem with those Jetways at trondheim, it's because GSX reads the jetway height at a set point and uses it as the spawn location for the pax, but with those jetways they lower their height for low slung aircraft.

With this action it lowers the entire jetway but not the spawn point for GSX.

Jetzuri

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 03:59:43 pm »
Makes sense, thanks. I wouldn't have noticed had I not had the pax I shouldn't have, so I suppose the easy solution is to remove them.

One way I've found to remove them is to uninstall GSX.
Regards,

Alan