Author Topic: Move to P3Dv5  (Read 2777 times)

shane25

Move to P3Dv5
« on: May 18, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
Hello Umberto
Hope you are well.
At the moment I have P3Dv4 and v5 installed. I am running out of disk space. I notice the addon manager files are in v4 and linked to v5.
Can you please provide details on how to move all the FSDT products to v5 and delete v4.
Thanks
Kind regards
Shane

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Move to P3Dv5
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:57:50 pm »
I am running out of disk space. I notice the addon manager files are in v4 and linked to v5.

Do you mean you overrode the default to install into a separate Addon Manager folder, and decided to install INTO the P3D V4 folder ? All our products follow the LM suggestions of not installing anything in the sim, so it's not a good idea to change that and force them inside the sim, as you might have realized now...

Can you please provide details on how to move all the FSDT products to v5 and delete v4.

- Uninstall every FSDT product you have. Every scenery and GSX

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS IS IMPORTANT, if you skip this step, you won't be able to freely choose a folder when reinstalling

- Reinstall all your FSDT products again, and this time either accept the default installation folder, or any other folder, but don't select the simulator folder. If you have a separate disk with more space, just select that disk root, it will create an Addon Manager folder inside, and this is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:14:14 pm by virtuali »

shane25

Re: Move to P3Dv5
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 01:41:33 pm »
Thanks.
I will follow your instructions.