Author Topic: problems installing gsx update for prepar3d v4  (Read 2220 times)

pepin

problems installing gsx update for prepar3d v4
« on: May 08, 2020, 01:27:09 pm »
Hello good afternoon, I have migrated from the prepar 3d v3 to pepar 3dv4, I install the update for v4 I install everything correctly I open the simulator but nothing comes out as if it were not installed, some help thank you very much in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problems installing gsx update for prepar3d v4
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 01:30:44 pm »
- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

pepin

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:47 pm »
hello, first of all thank you, I have done everything you have told me, and it does not work for me, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
it does not give me any error, everything is installed perfectly, but when I open the simulator, the Addon Manager does not appear to me, any suggestion, thank you very much in advance for your interest, I appreciate it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:47:26 pm »
it does not give me any error, everything is installed perfectly, but when I open the simulator, the Addon Manager does not appear to me, any suggestion

It's 100% sure that, if you don't see the Addon Manager, it can only be caused by one of the above so, try again all the previous suggestions, to the letter.

- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

pepin

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 12:15:36 pm »
hola de nuevo,,, perdona que te moleste otra vez, pero creo que voy a tirar la toalla, he seguido todos los pasos al pie de la letra, pero sigue sin aparecer mi addon manager cuando abro el simulador... no se que le puede pasar,
gracias de nuevo y perdon por mi insistencia :'( :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:54:56 pm »

pepin

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 10:11:46 pm »
Well I keep doing everything it tells me, I install sode 1.6,8, excluding Windows Firewal manager addon but nothing at all, I upload all the installed folders without any error but I open the computer and the addon manager still does not appear, thanks and excuse my heaviness

Bill721

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 01:43:44 am »
I had an issue today when I updated p3d v4 hot fix 3.  GSXv2 said I needed to run GSX update.  When I ran update it said I needed a newer version of SODE.  I loaded the new SODE version, however, when I went back into P3D SODE didn't run.  After troubleshooting I found that it didn't get registered in P3D.  Luckily I made an image of my drive before I updated so I compared the old addon info with the new and saw SODE was missing.  I copied the old SODE info to the new SODE addon file and it fixed it.  Not sure why SODE didn't get registered properly.

Bill

pepin

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 10:51:26 am »
Nothing, I keep doing everything you say, everything is perfect, but when I open the simulator it still does not appear in addon, gsx, I already give up because as I keep trying things I will take care of the simu, and this does not install