Author Topic: GSX Menu shows, but won't appear in sim  (Read 1878 times)

kingm56

GSX Menu shows, but won't appear in sim
« on: May 12, 2020, 02:49:40 am »
I have a dual installation with P3D V5 and V4.5; concerning the both, the menu appears as an option in the menu bars but wont open when clicking said option or pressing Shift+12.   I don't have an anti-virus on the machine; so, I know that's not the issue.  This is a brand new box with current/updated windows 10 installation.  I doubt its a VC issue either.  Any other ideas? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu shows, but won't appear in sim
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:09 am »
That's because Shift+F12 is not the key used by GSX. Unless you change it, it's CTRL+Shift+F12.

Of course, be sure to run the FSDT Live Update, which might also tell you why you have this problem, for example an outdated SODE.

kingm56

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:16:58 pm »
Sorry for the late reply but the problem persist. 

Clicking CTRL+Shift+F12 does not open the GSX menu; clicking CTRL+Shift does not open the YouControl menu.  Moreover, the GSX menu does not launch when trying to click on it from the menu screen; although, again, it does appear within the title bar.

I've run live update and the problem is still there with both sims. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 09:46:00 pm »
Moreover, the GSX menu does not launch when trying to click on it from the menu screen; although, again, it does appear within the title bar.

This means the software has loaded correctly. Try to select "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the "Couatl settings" menu.