Author Topic: GSX Couatl Scripting engine hasnt started **SOLVED**  (Read 2553 times)

jahurz

GSX Couatl Scripting engine hasnt started **SOLVED**
« on: May 08, 2020, 05:31:43 pm »
Did an update as prompted a while ago. Now GSX and GSX level 2 is disabled and unregistered. Attempts to register with serial no came out with error "the couatl scripting engine hasn't started" . Did FSDT Live update 3 times to no avail some with computer restarts. Did a full reinstall also brings to the same issue with serial registration as i cant register as that the same error pops

Note i have already made exception on my Antivirus and firewall on  C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Is there any filepath that needs exception again? SODE is currently v1.6.8 this is the latest version right? Also i notice when FSDT Live update is running there were 372 steps to complete on the updater, on step 152 it immediately proceeds to update completed. Is this normal?

Update: Reinstalled SODE did a restart and registered and activated SODE. Unfortunately  "the couatl scripting engine hasn't started" is still happening.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:55:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl Scripting engine hasnt started.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 06:44:26 pm »
- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

See this post here about outdated SODE:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23564.msg157386.html#msg157386

jahurz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:20:30 pm »
Followed everything. Still the same is there a way to rollback to the previous version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:50:13 pm »
Followed everything. Still the same is there a way to rollback to the previous version?

You surely haven't followed everything ( are you sure you updated and activated SODE too ? ) because, if you had, you wouldn't see this problem. The current version works just fine, it only requires the latest SODE, but the Live Update doesn't update it, you must do it yourself.

jahurz

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 04:54:08 am »
Already reinstalled SODE. Error still around.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:19:17 am by jahurz »

jahurz

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 05:13:13 am »
Got it to run again but using a different method. Uninstalled GSX and installed GSX as usual. I noticed one of the visual C++ setup was not correctly installing it was frozen and this was with firewall and Antivirus turned off but the gsx setup completed the installation anyways and ran FSDTLive update and that as well the visual c++ setup turned all white and jammed. Had to reinstall all Visual C++  Redistributable 2013 and 2015 libraries from https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads  manually. After that i did a windows restart.
Ran P3DV4.5 and GSX was already rebuilding airport cache without needing me to register any serial.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 05:16:05 am by jahurz »