Author Topic: FSDT LIVE UPDATE does not finish the Update  (Read 8298 times)

Miguel Vives

Re: FSDT LIVE UPDATE does not finish the Update
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 07:35:41 pm »
I do not have to change my Internet provider or anything like it, I am very happy with 1000 Mb download and 300 Mb fiber optic upload with my provider.

Nobody obviously told you to do that. The VPN was obviously a:

- TEST, so you can have proof the problem is not on our side

- PROCEED with the update, even if your local connection has a problem

Here's a post from another user reporting a problem with downlaods:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23556.msg157238.html#msg157238

And, of course, it was a problem with his firewall.

That is to say that they are putting themselves on the SIDE, in the face of a problem, saying that I am to blame for their application not working. When for more than 7 years using GSX, and with the configuration and last updates of all my pc, either WINDOWS, ANTI VIRUS, Prepar3d and many other applications that work without problems, without having to tell my antivirus to go down there, where the cucumbers are bitter, their application, that until the last update WAS WORKING WELL, and that for any reason has left the AMAZON SERVER to provide housing to its application, and that the problem is solved by the users, and NOT THE MULTINATIONAL. ...AMAZON...?????????

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Miguel Vives

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 07:42:07 pm »
I see and read in the THREAD that you put, a PROBLEM that is not moi case, neither comes close to resemble.....if you have read since my first POST, that has nothing to do, to me it DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING OF CORRUPTION any file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 09:31:14 pm »
I see and read in the THREAD that you put, a PROBLEM that is not moi case, neither comes close to resemble.....if you have read since my first POST, that has nothing to do, to me it DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING OF CORRUPTION any file.

That was just an EXAMPLE of another user absolutely convinced the problem was on our side, when it was the firewall.

In your case, the problem was different and it's also is also not on our side, clearly proven by the fact, as you said yourself, it worked with a VPN. If the problem was here, it wouldn't work in any case.

But I'm fairly sure it will eventually sort it out, some local Cloudflare nodes are just slower than others to be in sync, and that's totally outside our control. I told to use a VPN in the meantime, it fixed your issue so what is the problem, really ?

Miguel Vives

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 10:20:27 pm »

That was just an EXAMPLE of another user absolutely convinced the problem was on our side, when it was the firewall.

In your case, the problem was different and it's also is also not on our side, clearly proven by the fact, as you said yourself, it worked with a VPN. If the problem was here, it wouldn't work in any case.

But I'm fairly sure it will eventually sort it out, some local Cloudflare nodes are just slower than others to be in sync, and that's totally outside our control. I told to use a VPN in the meantime, it fixed your issue so what is the problem, really ?

I have just REINSTALLED the GSX again, to give you the last chance, I have to confirm that everything has been installed, without any error, apparently.

I have not had to tell the antivirus to pass olympically from the LIVE UPDATE, nor change VPN or anything else....
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:21:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 10:25:58 pm »
I have just REINSTALLED the GSX again, to give you the last chance, I have to confirm that everything has been installed, without any error, apparently.

That's exactly what I suspected, when I said:

But I'm fairly sure it will eventually sort it out, some local Cloudflare nodes are just slower than others to be in sync, and that's totally outside our control.

So, when you first used the VPN, and it worked, it simply allowed you to connect to a node of another country, which was faster to get the latest files than the one you normally connect to. Now, your local node got the updates too, so you don't need a VPN anymore.

It would be nice if we could just press a magic button and have all 200+ Cloudflare servers replicated at the same time, but unfortunately they aren't, some are quicker than others, it's the same as with DNS, a website changes, but some users won't know until up to 24 hours later, depending on THEIR own local DNS. I guess that's why VPN's exists in the first place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:27 pm »
I reminding you AGAIN this forum is to discuss ONLY GSX and FSDT products.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 10:56:13 pm by virtuali »