Author Topic: Hanging GSX - all airports and aircraft  (Read 7489 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hanging GSX - all airports and aircraft
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:50 pm »
I promise you, the log is made after the crash and sim has been exited

No, it's not, because there's no error there.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 10:55:58 pm »
Another one,

Different airport and aircraft

Zipped after the hang and after exiting the sim as required

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 10:57:13 pm »
I promise you, the log is made after the crash and sim has been exited

No, it's not, because there's no error there.

Excuse me!

I am doing as you've asked

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 10:58:56 pm »
Regardless of whether theres an error logged on the file or not; nothing is happening when i press request deboarding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 11:01:17 pm »
As I've said, you must doing something different, because in your first posts there WAS an error, now there isn't one anymore.

When you enabled logging, *everything* will be logged in the Couatl.LOG file, while if logging is disabled, only errors will be logged in the Couatl.ERR file, but it will be less detailed so, I need the complete log file and, if the error still happens, it MUST contain the same error you saw before.

The only thing I noticed, you are now using a different airport compared to the one in your first error log and your screenshot. Please try the same situation.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 11:17:22 pm »
Im narrowing the issue down here which is why im switching airports and aircraft, to try and give you a larger view of the problem at hand

Just tried PMDG 747-8f at EDDM  and all worked as req'd

Whilst at same gate i switched to Aerosoft A319 which then didnt work. I pressed request deboarding and nothing happened.

Whilst at same gate still, i switched back to PMDG 747-8; pressed request deboarding and nothing happened thereafter.

I attach log file from that sim session, where above three scenarios occured.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 11:19:15 pm »
I have narrowed down when the faults happen, ie deboarding gets pressed and nothing further happens.

The fault happens exclusively when using passenger aircraft.

I have tried the deboarding button with all my freight designated aircraft and GSX works as expected.

Does this info help at all?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2020, 11:22:54 pm »
Whilst at same gate i switched to Aerosoft A319 which then didnt work. I pressed request deboarding and nothing happened.

Ok, now I got it, and now I understand why you don't see errors. There's NO error at all and GSX, of course, is still working.

The problem is, you are using the Aerosoft Airbus, which is supposed to control GSX by itself so, most likely, you haven't setup the airplane correctly to use GSX and haven't followed the correct procedure to use it.

It's best asking to Aerosoft, because I'm not entirely sure how it works, and I know for sure it's usually updated when the airplane is updated.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 11:25:28 pm »

Ok, now I got it, and now I understand why you don't see errors. There's NO error at all and GSX, of course, is still working.

The problem is, you are using the Aerosoft Airbus, which is supposed to control GSX by itself so, most likely, you haven't setup the airplane correctly to use GSX and haven't followed the correct procedure to use it.

It's best asking to Aerosoft, because I'm not entirely sure how it works, and I know for sure it's usually updated when the airplane is updated.

Id take that as a suggestion were it not for the fact ive been succesfully using the Aerosoft Airbus for weeks problem free

Id also accept that were it not for the fact that as ive stated, all other aircraft are not working (PMDG, Majestic Q400) as they were previously.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 11:49:36 pm »
Id take that as a suggestion were it not for the fact ive been succesfully using the Aerosoft Airbus for weeks problem free

But since nothing changed in GSX and nobody ever reported that error, not even you, since now you don't have any error anymore, it can only due to the usage of the Aerosoft Airbus.

Id also accept that were it not for the fact that as ive stated, all other aircraft are not working (PMDG, Majestic Q400) as they were previously.

I only followed YOUR own report, which said:

Just tried PMDG 747-8f at EDDM  and all worked as req'd

That's why I said it must be something you are not doing right with the Aerosoft Airbus, it's BECAUSE in the same post you said the PMDG 747-8F works. Now you say "all other aircraft are not working" ? Please clarify.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 12:22:17 am »
OK, massive apologies for the lack of clarity,

To Confirm. This is definitive as ive done a lot of testing rather than reply whilst testing...

The issue occurs when i press to board or deboard passenger aircraft of any make or model.
HOWEVER if i switch to a CARGO designated aircraft, GSX V2 works just fine.

For example: PMDG 777-200, doesnt work. PMDG 777f works fine
                    PMDG 747-400 or 800 passenger doesnt work. PMDG 747-400f or 800f, works fine.
                    Airbus Professional - doesnt work as all aircraft are passenger designated
                   Majestic Q400 - doesnt work, passenger aircraft.

I agree it is a curious problem, and one that is compounded by lack of supporting evidence on the log file, but i assure you it is very real and very frutrating.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:24:40 am by IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 01:24:21 am »
GSX surely works perfectly with passengers.

However, you don't say the kind of jetways the scenery uses because, if they are not SODE (either provided by the scenery or replaced by GSX ), you won't see any passengers so, maybe you THINK GSX is not working, because you don't see passengers, but in fact it is, just not showing passengers, but is still proceeding with a simulated boarding.

If a jetway is not SODE, GSX will issue a message about it. But again, some 3rd party airplanes disable the warning messages from GSX, so that's why you maybe missed it.

IMAPILOT_AGAIN_1

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 12:09:09 pm »
GSX surely works perfectly with passengers.

However, you don't say the kind of jetways the scenery uses because, if they are not SODE (either provided by the scenery or replaced by GSX ), you won't see any passengers so, maybe you THINK GSX is not working, because you don't see passengers, but in fact it is, just not showing passengers, but is still proceeding with a simulated boarding.

GSX doesnt work with passenger aircraft.

I really dont think you are understanding whats happening.

Is there any way i can record whats happening and send a video to explain?

Furthermore, I have found that if I click operate jetways first, allow to move into place (SODE, or otherwise); then click on boarding or deboarding, all automation happens as req'd.

However, If I click board or deboard first from the menu, nothing happens. I dont just mean that i cant see passengers, I mean NOTHING happens, no gsx vehicles appear.

With regard to your comment about seeing passengers - same situation occurs at remote stands.

Im finding your replies less than helpful at this point I must say. You seem more intent on blaming me as the customer for doing something wrong rather than trying to help a customer overcome a problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:58 pm »
GSX doesnt work with passenger aircraft.

GSX surely works with passenger airplanes provided, of course, the airplane is correctly configured. Visible passengers, of course, will be seen ONLY if the scenery has SODE jetways. That's why I asked which kind of jetway that scenery has.

Is there any way i can record whats happening and send a video to explain?

Sure you can. If you are asking where to *send* a video, if you have a YouTube account, you can uploaded it there it as an UNLISTED video.

However, If I click board or deboard first from the menu, nothing happens. I dont just mean that i cant see passengers, I mean NOTHING happens, no gsx vehicles appear.

Works perfectly fine here:

As you can see, it works when I select Deboarding directly, without having to operate jetways first. Since this doesn't happen here, and nobody has reported it ( don't you think something so obvious would have been noted by now ? ), please reply to ALL the following:

- The airplane used.

- If you are using an airplane that is supposed to control GSX by itself, like the Aerosoft Airbus, first try with an airplane that doesn't, to be sure the problem isn't you not following the special procedure used by Aerosoft. FS Labs also controls GSX by itself and, again, you must follow its own procedure, which is not the same as the Aerosoft one.

- The scenery used and, most importantly, the kind of jetway it uses.

- The precise, exact, sequence of operations you choose in GSX.

Im finding your replies less than helpful at this point I must say. You seem more intent on blaming me as the customer for doing something wrong rather than trying to help a customer overcome a problem.

Wrong, I'm be extremely helpful and I'm replying to all your questions, but I need to follow my instructions.