Author Topic: Pushback Suggestion  (Read 1466 times)

RFarmah

Pushback Suggestion
« on: May 03, 2020, 03:03:53 am »
Often when we are using GSX for our aircraft turnaround and loading, we start with a light or empty load. For instance, when I call GSX to operate SODE jetways using my PMDG 777 at the beginning of my simulation session, I only ever have 8% fuel in the tanks and no passengers, as having any more than that isn't realistic. From this point, we load GSX and then load our aircraft with the respective passengers and fuel. This is where I have a suggestion. GSX uses the "current" aircraft weight at the time GSX is called into action to select the type of tug being used. The problem is, that the weight at the beginning of calling GSX to operate the jetways is often 150k-200k lighter than the payload after boarding (as I would have now set the proper fuel and payload of passengers and cargo). In almost every situation, the aircraft is aways much much lighter at the beginning of boarding than the end, so the tug that is spawned for the beginning weight isn't accurate for the final weight of the aircraft. Here, I think it would be very helpful for there to be an option menu within GSX parking customization to select the type of tug that we would like to spawn, or a pop up menu that allows us to select the tug (like the option list we get for being able to choose ground handling company) or some type of system that would be more accurate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 09:38:28 pm »
Next Live Update, the pushback will read the aircraft empty weight to choose the vehicle.