Author Topic: PMDG 777 and Pushback Tug  (Read 1999 times)

RFarmah

PMDG 777 and Pushback Tug
« on: May 03, 2020, 02:56:53 am »
I know that GSX selects a tug based on the weight class of the aircraft and the payload. However, even after understanding this system and reading the other posts on the forum, I am still confused and can't get the results I would like. For example, I load a session with the 777-300er, which has an empty weight of more than ~350,000 lbs. According to the forum, when my aircraft weight is more than 250,000 pounds, and I am at a parking spot with a radius of more than 15m, I should get the larger yellow tug, or the nose lifting tug. So shouldn't I be getting this tug in default as the aircraft weight is more than 250,000 lbs? However, even with  full fuel load and full payload (almost 700,000 pounds), I still get the small tug used for the 737 and 321. It seems that no matter what my payload is or what spot I am using, the tugs are selected at random. Even when calling GSX (after I have my payload and fuel set to max) I don't understand why I am still getting the small tug used for single aisle aircraft at random. Again, it is random, as sometimes I do get the larger yellow tug, or the semi-larger white tug used for the 757/767/330. I don't understand what I am not getting the larger yellow tug used for the A380, 747, and 777 when my load is so heavy. 

RFarmah

Re: PMDG 777 and Pushback Tug
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 06:26:35 pm »
Here is an example. In the image below, I loaded 354 passengers and over 80,000 pounds of freight with 40% fuel, and yet I still get the small 737 tug. I also made sure to set my values into the fmc before calling gsx for any action. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or this is just how GSX should be working? I've viewed the previous forum discussion on this, understood that weight and payload should be the deciding factors, and that the radius of the gate needs to be larger than 15m.

Any help to get me with the right tug would be appreciated, as I can't figure out why the smaller tug is being called for a "Heavy" aircraft.

* the tug in the image is at the top right under the jet bridge*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:28:48 am by RFarmah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 and Pushback Tug
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 09:41:06 pm »
Next Live Update, the pushback will read the aircraft empty weight to choose the vehicle.