Author Topic: After Live Update - GSX / Coutal No Longer Loading  (Read 2472 times)

dowix

After Live Update - GSX / Coutal No Longer Loading
« on: April 26, 2020, 11:59:10 pm »
Hi guys,

So I had a problem with Coutal crashing.  So I ran Live Update, it updated a few Sceneries I had installed.  What I now noticed, is that GSX is no longer loading at all.  I've checked my DLL and ADDON CFGs and it looks like GSX was removed?

drumelo

Re: After Live Update - GSX / Coutal No Longer Loading
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:34:02 am »
Hi all,

Getting a similar problem here, after doing a LiveUpdate today (around 1430 EDT). Before it, GSX was working with no issues. Both P3D v3 (3.4.22.19868) and v4 (4.5.13.32097) are affected here.
Note: I'm using Process Explorer to keep track when each app enters/closes

in v4:
 - Load sim, couatl.exe loads up and stays up.
 - Click on OK to launch scenario, couatl.exe closes up. No error logs, no crashes reported on Event Viewer.

in v3:
 - Load sim, couatl.exe loads up and stays up.
 - Click on OK to launch scenario, couatl.exe stays up while sim is loading up.
 - As soon as loading is complete and sim is up, couatl.exe closes up. No error logs, no crashes reported on Event Viewer.

In both sims:
 - no entry for couatl/GSX in menu
 - entry for addon manager works, but when try to activate GSX it complains couatl is not working (advises to exclude from AV check, run AutoUpdate, etc.)
 - The AV exclusion is set up
 - All VC libraries were uninstalled and reinstalled via Liveupdate
 - Tried to do a clean install of GSX (yes, I downloaded new installers for both sims from webpage), didn't worked
 - Deactivated all other addons in both sims, did't worked

I will try to do a clean install of v4 (as I have to upgrade to HF3 anyway) and will report results back tomorrow.

Do you guys have any ideas what might be happening? Much appreciated!

Drumond

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:56:43 am »
Be absolutely sure you turn off your firewall while doing the Live Update. It it's not downloading all files, nothing will work.

drumelo

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 02:41:14 pm »
Hi Umberto, thank you for the reply.

I made sure nothing was on the way of the Liveupdate and re-did it this morning. The results were the same.

However, as a way to make absolute sure that everything was coming thru, I:
1) Moved away the "couatl.exe" from the original folder (effectively "deleting" it from the eyes of the liveupdater);
2) Ran the liveupdate a second time with no other changes.

Not only the "couatl.exe" was downloaded fresh but also solved the problem. No idea what happened before, but all is working now.

Thank you on the lead for solving the issue.

Drumond

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 09:46:41 am »
Not only the "couatl.exe" was downloaded fresh but also solved the problem. No idea what happened before, but all is working now.

Something blocking the download of the latest version, for sure. Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-spyware. Anything.

dowix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 01:01:39 am »
I've resolved this problem by completely uninstalling GSX, not Addon Manager.  Reinstalled from scratch.  And now it works.

I don't believe it is a firewall issue, also I've configured my AV to make exceptions for my P3D4 installation.

Sorry, I run P3D4.5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 01:54:44 pm »
I don't believe it is a firewall issue, also I've configured my AV to make exceptions for my P3D4 installation.

It was a problem in your system, most likely a wrong compatibility setting which was either set in the simulator itself, or was mistakenly set either by another addon or another utility. The GSX full installer does extra cleanup to fix these errors the update doesn't do, which explain why you had to reinstall.