Author Topic: no ai traffic on all fsdt airports  (Read 6883 times)

knackfsx

no ai traffic on all fsdt airports
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:35:45 pm »
hi fsdt team

i"ve just bought

las vegas
ny jfk
geneva
ft lauderdale
zurich
chicago

so i'm new and i have some troubles i haven't go any ai traffic, i use my traffic x 5.2 with fsx (on Windows 7)

i've no shadows on my aircraft and i have no ai traffic only in your airports!

thx for your help ^^

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no ai traffic on all fsdt airports
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:54:05 am »
The only airport that might have been affected by invisible AI with shadows on and if using FS9 AI models would have been Zurich. All the others don't have anything special with regard to AI, and are compatible with every possible AI package.

The only issue I can think of, is the AFCADs that comes with MyTraffic X are made for the default sceneries, and are taking precendence over the one we supply. However, this should normally just create issues like wrong parking positions, but the AI should be visible in any case. But it might be safer to remove those AFCAD from MyTraffic X. I'm sorry, but I don't know that program in detail so, I don't now were they put their supplied AFCAD and how they are named.

knackfsx

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:30:03 am »
thx for your answer, so i understand that i've spent 140 € to have empty airports... well i'm gonna ask help to my traffic x support forum.

Greetings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:31 pm »
thx for your answer, so i understand that i've spent 140 € to have empty airports...

Well, this is wrong, for several reasons:

First we have a fully working Trial version of all sceneries that you can freely download and, the whole point of having Trial (whose existance is advertized quite extensively on this site), is for the user to assess performances on his own system AND compatibility with his own addons BEFORE purchasing.

Also, the problem is surely not caused by the sceneries, since we have many users using FSDT sceneries together with MyTraffic and many other AI adddon packages.

If you searched this forum for "MyTraffic", you would come up with at least two posts that warned about possible issues with MyTraffic and our sceneries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1262.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1175.0

Of course, both posts were made by other MyTraffic users, which is normal, since the problem IS caused by files installed by MyTraffic. I don't know if those files can only cause double objects and low fps, or even total disappearance of traffic, but surely they have to be removed.

However, you can't expect we precisely tell you how to fix something coming from another product: it's a job for that product's support to instruct you which files coming from their product you have to remove and how, also because it's something that might change and/or fixed in their own future releases, and we can't obviously check every other product out there for updates, in case something that used to be a problem, gets fixed in a further release, so we could amend all our previous instructions.

Or, it's something that, as a convenience, could be said by another user of that product and found here, but we can't take any responsibility for that and you can't expect we do.