Author Topic: Fueling and Baggage Loading - Simultaneous  (Read 4045 times)

bitchinbetty

Fueling and Baggage Loading - Simultaneous
« on: April 26, 2020, 05:33:16 am »
Hi, is it possible to have baggage loading and fueling occur simultaneously?

This happens IRL as a standard occurrence. When loading a significant amount of fuel, departure is often delayed due to the process taking too long. It would be more realistic to have the baggage loaders work irrespective of the fuel truck. I'm using FSL A32#.

Thanks heaps. Love your product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fueling and Baggage Loading - Simultaneous
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:44:38 am »
The Fuel truck will likely conflict with the baggage loader.

Paulo92

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 03:00:54 pm »

Not if we refuel under the left wing... :)

Any plan to allow these 2 processes simultaneous (but optional, for those refueling under right wing)

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 03:56:20 pm »
Umberto  when  using  fsl   astu   etc  when  asking  for  fuel   and  loading   catering   also  happens  at the  same  time and  one  gets  in the  way of the  other as well

bitchinbetty

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:39:46 pm »
IRL on a medium sized jetliner there is plenty of room for fuelling and loading to occur at the same time. The front baggage truck towing the trolleys should approach from the front and then turn hard away as they  go past the conveyor or the ULD loader. The uld trolleys with their short draw bars will naturally follow the wheel path of the baggage truck and remain close enough to the conveyor or ULD loader. By turning away (anywhere between 100 to 150 degrees) the outbound baggage truck will clear the refueller quite easily.

The baggage truck loading at the rear should approach from the rear of the aircraft not the side. As it proceeds past the conveyor or ULD the operator should turn away (anywhere between 90 to 150 degrees) to clear the refuel operation). There are plenty of reference pictures for this on the web.

Alternatively perhaps it is possible for the baggage truck to come from (wherever it comes from) and wait next to the aircraft for the refuel operation to complete and then proceed the final few meters to the aircraft.

At present it impossible to do a sector return on a 3 to 4 hour leg in 30 to 35 minutes because of the delays occurring because of this restriction.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 09:08:57 am »

Assuming the airplane loads from the right wing...Yes of course, we could always add something like allowing if the refuel happens on the other side of the loading but, if it's not the refueling, it's the catering which can conflict.

At present it impossible to do a sector return on a 3 to 4 hour leg in 30 to 35 minutes because of the delays occurring because of this restriction.

Yes, everything can be improved but, I wonder how you'll ever be able to use GSX before ( it was like this for years ), when NO kind of concurrent service was even possible.

bitchinbetty

Fueling and Baggage Loading - Simultaneous
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 11:13:00 am »
Yes, everything can be improved but, I wonder how you'll ever be able to use GSX before ( it was like this for years ), when NO kind of concurrent service was even possible.

I’ve generally half utilised the product in the past. Typically not using GSX for fuelling or at least not using GSX when a quick turn around is required.

I’m enjoying the FSLabs integration and the above is merely a suggestion toward added realism and further improvement of the product. It’s been great to see the improvements to the product, especially over the last six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulo92

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 11:25:47 am »

I’m enjoying the FSLabs integration and the above is merely a suggestion toward added realism and further improvement of the product. It’s been great to see the improvements to the product, especially over the last six months.

Agree ! I also like GSX very much. All of this was just some suggestions ,just to get a bit closer to perfection. ;)

Paul

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »
I personally never used GSX for such tight turns at all. PMDG 737 has its own turn-around operations, so I've been using that. The 747 is where I was using GSX.
Captain Kevin

MrMe85

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 04:17:10 pm »

Assuming the airplane loads from the right wing...Yes of course, we could always add something like allowing if the refuel happens on the other side of the loading but, if it's not the refueling, it's the catering which can conflict.

At the airline I work for, refueling almost exclusively happens on the left hand side, while catering and loading of cans occur on the right.  This is on 777 aircraft. 

Is it possible to also position the fuel truck at the gate right from the start?  Waiting for the fuel truck to come just takes ages.