Author Topic: Related Thyssenkrupp Apron drive Two-tunnel Crystal upper deck 36/21 categories  (Read 5002 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yes, but there are crystal models of the JBT "higher" version as well.

b0968307302

The model height of the title is the best, but the A321 cannot be used. I am worried about how to solve it for a long time. I look forward to asking you to design a new one.

I found that the length of the inclined "bridge" does not affect the height, the height is the same, the short "bridge" is more inclined, and the longer "bridge" is not so inclined.

In addition, my English is not good, if you do not understand or strange, please let me know if you have trouble.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:02:40 am by b0968307302 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The model height of the title is the best, but the A321 cannot be used. I am worried about how to solve it for a long time. I look forward to asking you to design a new one.

Sorry, no. That upper deck jetway is clearly made for the A380 so, if that's the only one that can connected to the terminal on THAT airport, the only possible explanation is the terminal must have been modeled wrong.

All our jetways have their real world dimentions, precise to the centimeter. Yes, in real life their height can be adjusted a bit to fit different buildings, but that's only to a point, because a bridge too slanted would be uncomfortable to use. When there's a significant height difference, sometimes two slanted bridges in opposite directions are used, but it doesn't seem the case at VHHH so, the likely explanation is the terminal is not modeled correctly.

I see neither Google Earth or Bing maps have 3d representation of the airport, which makes way more difficult for a scenery developer to assess buildings heights.

In fact, it seems it was a known problem for that scenery, see this post from several years ago:

https://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1064-jetway-problem/

This is way before GSX L2, it seems the scenery had issues even with its own jetways.