Author Topic: Cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2005  (Read 1504 times)

rayharris51

Cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:13:53 pm »
Hi

I have an issue trying to install GSX2 into P3D v5. It gets to the end of the installation then asks me for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 disk.

I already have 2 versions of MS visual C++ 2005 on my PC, so why can't it find them? Where do I find the .msi installer it seems to need?

The reason I want to do this is I have been having some vcruntime140.dll CTDs in v5, which may be helped I am told, by installing GSX.

So itit may well be a problem with Windows, but I dont know what to do about it.

Thanks for any help

Ray

pete_auau

Re: Cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:20:00 am »
if  you  check in  your  add/ remove  option it  will list  what  you have  installed  at the  momonet,  dont  know  why  it  asking  for  the  disk  normally  it  checks  if  you  got  it installed  and  if  you have  it  will skip  it, if  not  it  will install it  from the  web
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:22:52 am by pete_auau »

rayharris51

Re: Cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:21 am »
Hi Pete

Thanks.

I had to reinstall C++ 2005 as although I have 8 other versions of it on my PC I no longer had the .msi installer package... So it's all done now,  but thanks for your help.

I'm just discovering how difficult it is to install non compatible products into P3D v5. Some people seem to get away with it but not me...
Anyway GSX is working well. :-(

Kind regards,

Ray