Author Topic: Animated gateway not working  (Read 2312 times)

vvt55

Animated gateway not working
« on: April 17, 2020, 11:08:40 pm »
Ciao,
after the last update ( by means of Live Update ) the animated jetway are not moving.
When a jetway is selected to move, and after choosing the Handling partner,  few second later a message appear "SODE IN UNAVAILABLE, JETWAYS WILL NOT ANIMATE".
If i press TAB S the message is "NO TRIGGERABLE OBJECT FOUND WITHIN 6.5 NM/12 KM"
This happen in all airports.
If i disable the SODE Jetways, the default jetways of P3D works properly.
My config is :
Prepard 3d ver 4.5.12.30293 and the SimObject Engine is 1.6.3

Waiting for response, and available to give any other information is necessary.

Renato G.
Piloti Virtuali Italiani

Pit

Re: Animated gateway not working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 11:06:34 am »
Hi Renato!

May be it´s because of the obsolete SODE V1.6.3 you have installed? The actual SODE version is 1.6.8 !!
Please try to update the SODE to the newest version first.
Here the link in the case you need it:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

Hope it can help you, regards, Pit.

vvt55

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 12:25:05 pm »
Hi Pit,

that was the problem, the older version of SODE.
Now everything is working well.

Thanks a lot.  ;)

Ciao
Renato

Pit

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:49:30 pm »
You are welcome Renato!  :)

DVA12924

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 09:18:15 pm »
I am having the same issue and I am running SODE 1.6.8 with GSX Level 2. It will keep telling me SODE unavailable when trying to position aircraft parking spots (still using P3Dv4 for that). After clicking Reload All in the SODE menu, I can get a jetway to attach to the aircraft, but a static jetway is still in the position also. After restarting Couatl and rebuilding airport cache, the static was no longer there and the jetway still attached.

After testing by connecting and then disconnecting the jetway via the GSX menu, I went back into the GSX customize airport positions  and selected the same spot I just tested in but again as soon as I hit Shift+numpad 5 to test the jetway, it hesitates and then i get a SODE connection lost message and have to do the steps all over again.

I tried in a freeware update/download AFCAD to default ZGGG which GSX replaced default jetways assigned on the AFCAD, and also at FlyTampa KLAS where the 3rd party SODE jetways were kept in tact. Both fail at the same point, and again after restarting SODE and Couatl. I am not sure if this is a SODE issue or GSX issue.

I did also Just run FSDT LiveUpdate and restarted my computer. The issue still remains, however, this time when trying to edit a parking position, I got the SODE connection lost message when testing a jetway connection in the GSX customize airport positions (select the jetway and hit shift+numpad 5) and then it would tell me SODE connection lost. But without restarting SODE or Couatl, I was able to get a jet way to connect and dinconnect from the same parking position, with a duplicate static jetway still there. If I rebuild airport cache via the GSX menu, the static jetway will be removed.