Author Topic: Trouble finding COUTL.INI and getting errors when launching P3Dv4  (Read 2318 times)

robtheump

Hello,

After having to do a new Windows install I need to add the airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = "insert number here" due to a lot of 3rd party AFCADS from various designers on AVSIM being larger than GSX's ability to read. In the past I did the changes in the .INI with no issue.

I am not sure if I put it in the right place, this time. I found the COUTL file that's listed in Windows as "Configuration Settings". Is that the .INI? I added the airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = "insert number here" text and saved. The problem is when I launch P3Dv4 I get the following error on launch and GSX v2 doesn't read the add-on AFCAD and still reads the default instead.

https://i.imgur.com/VWfgMSL.png

Am I adding it to the correct file? This is what my AppData/Roaming/Virtuali folder looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/PI3639n.png

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:24:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble finding COUTL.INI and getting errors when launching P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:26:31 pm »
It seems you opened the Couatl.LOG instead of the Couatl.INI file, which is an easy mistake to do in your case, since you don't have the option in Windows to see all file extension, so it's difficult to know which file is which. It's the smallest one, the one you edited is the LOG file, which you might have saved back as .INI.

robtheump

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:12:35 am »
How can I recover the .ini file? Just re-run Addon Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 03:19:37 am »
Remove both files and create the couatl.ini from scratch. By default, it doesn't exists.

robtheump

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 02:07:18 am »
Remove both files and create the couatl.ini from scratch. By default, it doesn't exists.
How do I do so? Create a Notepad doc and save it coutl.ini?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 01:01:34 pm »
How do I do so? Create a Notepad doc and save it coutl.ini?

Sure. And be sure not save it like Couatl.ini.txt, which is what will happen if you keep hiding file extensions in Explorer, which is what probably lead you to your first problem. And it's Couatl.INI