Author Topic: Multiple operators on same stand  (Read 2375 times)

Shepred

Multiple operators on same stand
« on: April 13, 2020, 12:36:33 am »
Hello FSDT / Umberto

After a recent update to GSX, I'm now finding myself unable to assign more than one operator per stand.

Do you have a way to rectify this? I haven't been able to assign the operators I want through the Airline Codes field with the input: MENZ, AVIATOR, SAS GROUND HANDLING. The latter being a custom livery I created.

Doing this manually in the GSX configuration file hasn't given me success either.

Any tips?

Thank you in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple operators on same stand
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:35:26 pm »
The latter being a custom livery I created.

This is not a bug, it's by design. We assumed if you took the time to create a custom livery, it's usually the only one used on that spot so, your custom livery will override all the stock ones, and you can only have one custom livery for each parking. Airline codes will be ignored, if there's a custom livery there.

There IS a trick which might work. If you assign your custom livery explicitly in just ONE parking, that one will only show your custom livery, but if you only add its code to the other parking spots, together with the other airline codes, it should work together with the others. That's how it supposed to work, but I haven't tested it.

Shepred

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 03:58:50 pm »
Umberto, thank you for your reply.

I have tried your workaround as described. I've assigned my custom liveries to remote stands that won't ever see use & then added the codes to the "Airline Codes" field as such: "SAS GROUND HANDLING, MENZIES AVIATION, AVIATOR". Unfortunately it does not work. GSX simply choses "Jet Aviation" which I'm assuming is the global default.

Even when I attempt using the default textures provided (MENZ, AVIATOR) this behaviour repeats.

Any thoughts on this or what I might be doing wrong?

Finally I must admit that I don't agree with your logic that if a custom livery is present, no other livery should be allowed. The fact that I create a custom livery doesn't have any influence on whether or not multiple ground handling agencies operate on the same stands. It simply means that there's an operator missing or with inaccurate textures at my local airport, which I would like to rectify.

Would you consider changing the way this works in GSX?

Thank you in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 04:01:49 pm »
GSX simply choses "Jet Aviation" which I'm assuming is the global default.

This means the airline code was wrong. Try using something without spaces in the name for your custom livery.

Shepred

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 04:21:13 pm »
Unfortunately this does not produce a result either.

Parking 52 has custom texture "SGH".
Parking 53 has custom texture "MENZIESAVIATION".

Gate A8 has an airline code field with "SGH,MENZIESAVIATION".

This simply produces the default list of choices for the airport.

Any other suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 04:25:17 pm »
I'll have to check it. As I've said, we never tested it.

Shepred

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:49 pm »
Okay. In any case, thank you for the prompt responses.

I look forward to hearing more once you've tested.

I hope you will consider my earlier point regarding the design choice to disallow multiple operators when a custom texture is present.