Author Topic: Command to drive Jetways  (Read 1695 times)

Steff Fabiano

Command to drive Jetways
« on: April 03, 2020, 11:41:55 am »
I am interested in the GSX, GSX2 software, but before buying, I would like to get to know it better an understand, how it will be controlled.

My question : is it possible to program buttons (e.g. sidestick-knob) to activate the jetway (or other commands) at the airport with just one click, or do I have to go through menus all the time ?

Thanks in advance,

Steff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Command to drive Jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:16:49 pm »
It's not possible to have jetways programmed to dock with a click, since the main reason of using GSX L2 and SODE, is allowing more than one jetway and, if more than one jetway works on more than one door, the program MUST ask you which jetway you would want to dock to which door.

You can obtain something similar, by enabling the automatic services option in GSX, which will perform all services automatically and, in case of jetways, it will dock them automatically. However, if something like my first example happens, it MIGHT be possible that some double jetways might cross with each other, since the program cannnot possibly know if two jetways that can work with two doors might eventually cross with each other, so in that case, it would be best not to use the automatic servicing.

Of course, GSX is available in Trial version, so you can see for yourself how it works.

Steff Fabiano

Re: Command to drive Jetways
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 08:56:59 pm »
thanks virtuali