Author Topic: GSX2 & Q400: DOORS stuck in opening and closing loop  (Read 1528 times)

Redwood Pres

GSX2 & Q400: DOORS stuck in opening and closing loop
« on: March 27, 2020, 08:05:37 pm »
I have an issue using GSX2 wit the Q400. Both with catering at the service door and the conveyor at the baggage door. GSX2 tries to open the doors automatically (i.e., without me opening the doors via the FMS) but the doors get caught in a loop where they open partially and the close and the repeats. This happens whether I have already opened the doors or not via the FMS. The loop never stops and I end up having the Reset the Position through the GSX menu to get it to stop.

I haven't been able to figure out why this is happening. I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I haven't been able to find an existing post about this particular issue. I've posted this question in the Majestic forums as well.

I have the latest version of GSX2 installed and Pro version of the Q400 wit the 020b patch installed.

Eric
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:07:09 pm by Redwood Pres »
Eric Watters
President, Redwood Virtual
www.redwoodva.net

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 & Q400: DOORS stuck in opening and closing loop
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 02:42:09 pm »
GSX2 tries to open the doors automatically (i.e., without me opening the doors via the FMS) but the doors get caught in a loop where they open partially and the close and the repeats.

As explained so many times on the forum, GSX NEVER tries to open or close the airplane doors automatically. Some airplanes do that from their code, and there are 3rd party products that do that too, interacting with GSX, so you might be mislead into thinking it's GSX, just because you see the door opens/close in reaction to something you do with GSX, but it's not GSX, it's the 3rd party product you use that reads what GSX is doing and opens/close doors on the airplane. If not the airplane itself.

Some 3rd party add-on that do this are MCE++ or FS Captain, if you use any of these, you should check their documentation or their support to know how to use them correctly.

Redwood Pres

Re: GSX2 & Q400: DOORS stuck in opening and closing loop
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:28:49 pm »
I got a response on the Majestic forum that they'll look into it. Just an FYI, I'm not using MCE++ or FS Captain, or any other addon like that. Hopefully since it's most likely in the Majestic code, they'll figure out the issue. Thanks for responding.

Here is the link to the post on the Majestic forum should anyone else have this issue and want to follow it there.

Eric
Eric Watters
President, Redwood Virtual
www.redwoodva.net