Author Topic: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart **SOLVED**  (Read 1915 times)

matt9529

Hi all,

Getting this problem at ENHF:
couatl v3.2 (build 4308)
panic log started on Thu Mar 26 21:42:36 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1284, in do
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 570, in requestVehicles
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1115, in prepareGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 3392, in setGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 152, in setGate
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 409, in getInitialPosition
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 321, in getInitialPosition
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 318, in getInitialParking
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1157, in findSuitableParking
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'ENHF', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Parking 3', 'User Pos': (70.68030782673057, 23.675310766607673, 82.7509 m, 2.37193 m, 237.73521608366417)}

ENHF has one parking spot, stand 3 (would love to use Stand 2 though).
It's too small for the Dash 8 Q400.

So I reset the max. wingspan from the default 4.00 and clicked the aircraft icon to make it as big as the Dash 8 which is 27.0.
Then I click apply and it should work.

I can call up the GSX menu fine, just selecting any option makes it crash and gives me the above error.

Anyone can help?!

:)
Matthew
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:34:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 03:00:58 pm »
ENHF has one parking spot, stand 3 (would love to use Stand 2 though). It's too small for the Dash 8 Q400.

It's not clear which scenery you are referring to. The default scenery for ENHF has 4 parking spots + 1 Fuel, and one ( Parking 1 ) has a 14 meters radius, so it's large enough for the 27.0 Wingspan of a Dash 8 ( 14 * 2 = 28.0 max Wingspan ).

A single parking 4 meter radius seems to be a bug in the scenery but, the real issue is there's no *other* parking to spawn vehicles from so, to be usable in GSX, a scenery should have at least 2 parking spots, one for your airplane, and at least one for any vehicle not starting in your own spot, like the Passenger Bus, the Catering or the Fuel vehicle.

matt9529

Re: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 04:25:43 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Many thanks for your reply and apologies, I should have mentioned it is the ORBX ENHF scenery.
It indeed has just one parking space available so it's interesting what you have mentioned about there needing to be at least two.
It would make sense as I have just installed ORBX ENSG and has two spots and GSX does indeed work there.

So I've had a play around with everything and glad to report by changing everything around I've managed to get GSX working and in parking spot number 2 as I wanted.
Haven't seen anything strange yet at least...

Just need to play with the settings for where to place all the GSX vehicles and everything should be good.

Thanks again for your help,
Matthew