Author Topic: SODE Connection lost  (Read 5860 times)

mush1960

SODE Connection lost
« on: March 22, 2020, 04:15:12 pm »
I have re-downloaded and reinstalled all the components for GSX - including Addon Manager, SODE v1.6.6, LSGG and GSX itself. When I try to use theJetway from the menu, the jetway turns 90 degrees away from the aircraft, there is a pause and I get a "SODE Connection lost" message.
The error in SODE.log is
"[15:09:30.860] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model 'FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_41_19_LSGG' of SimObject ''! Path=jetway.cfg, Code(2)
[15:09:34.781] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Received Trigger Client Data: ObjID=522, DoorDesignator='1L', OwnFlag=1, DoorDataOverrideFlag=1, Mode=1
[15:09:34.781] ERROR SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Internal Jetway Instance not found -> NULL!"

Can anyone help please? The sim is FSX:SE, running under Windows 7. I am using GSX in trial mode on my FSDT LSGG scenery. I want to buy GSX but not if I can't get the trial to work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Connection lost
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 12:54:14 am »
The error message is quite strange, because the jetway.cfg file is surely there in the FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_41_19_LSGG model folder. I tried it now, and cannot reproduce it, jetway works fine.

Could you please post you FSX.CFG located here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

ZIP it and Attach it to a post.

mush1960

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 05:08:20 pm »
Here you go...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 04:00:08 pm »
You posted an FSX_SE.CFG file, does it mean you have BOTH the original FSX and FSX:SE still installed together ?

mush1960

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 04:34:08 pm »
Yes, I have them both, installed on different drives. I use FSX:SE mainly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 03:15:36 pm »
So you must be sure you install GSX in both. And register SODE in both with the SODE Platform Manager.

mush1960

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 10:01:02 pm »
GSX was installed in both sims, and was registered successfully.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 01:05:59 am »
As I've said, be sure you also register SODE in both simulators, with the SODE Platform Manager.

mush1960

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 11:56:55 am »
It is registered in both.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 03:13:20 pm »
Then what you are reporting cannot simply happen since, as I've said, the jetway.cfg file is surely there in the FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_41_19_LSGG model folder so, the only possible reasons for this, is a problem with your FSX installation, but I already indicated everything you need to check.

Please be sure and check again because, as I've said in my first reply, I tried the jetway in FSX and it works just fine.

mush1960

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 10:43:53 pm »
You have seen the log file, so it definitely is happening. Please can you let me know what the file paths are for the various elements, I can then manually check everything is where it should be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 02:17:33 pm »
You have seen the log file, so it definitely is happening.

it's happening only on your system, since you are the only one reporting it.

Please can you let me know what the file paths are for the various elements, I can then manually check everything is where it should be.

All the file paths are correct, if you use our installers, which surely don't miss or misplace files ( if they did, it would happen to everybody ). If you moved, removed, changed anything, then anything can happen, of course. You cannot move any files from our scenery, they are all supposed to stay in the folder the installer place into, also in relationship with GSX.

If you suspect you might have moved any file, then reinstall every FSDT product you have, in the following way:

- Uninstall all FSDT products you have. Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" THIS IS IMPORTANT

- Reinstall all FSDT products you have, including GSX and all the sceneries. Use ONLY the latest version of the installers. Do not use older versions of the installers you might have downloaded in the past. If you are not sure, download them all again.

- Either accept the default installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, or change to a different one if you don't have enough space on C:

- DO NOT change the folder to be "inside" the Flight sim own folder, this is neither required or suggested and it's likely the worse possible choice. The default location is perfectly fine, and the only reason you might want to change it, is if you don't have enough space on C: so, for example, you can choose another drive, like D:, which will result in all FSDT products ending in D:\Addon Manager, which ( again ) is perfectly fine. Any folder is fine, except INSIDE the folder the simulator is installed into. Any drive it's fine, and it doesn't have to be the same drive the simulator is installed into.

- This choice it's possible only on the first FSDT installer you run. Subsequent installation will all default to the first destination you choose on the first installer. While you can install everywhere you like ( just don't select the simulator own folder, please ), all FSDT products MUST stay together. That's why the installer doesn't let you to change folder after the first installation.

- If you forget to reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" when uninstalling, you will not be able to choose an installation destination freely. THAT'S why I flagged this as IMPORTANT, so I'll repeat it again, to be sure you notice it.

mush1960

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 02:51:50 pm »
I will go through the delete and reinstall again. Let you know what happens.

mush1960

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 06:32:35 pm »
Quick question - is there a recommended order for installing the various products.or doesn't it matter?

mush1960

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2020, 10:38:04 pm »
I have completed the removal and reinstall and still have the same error. I removed everything, ensured all files had been deleted, rebooted my PC and then went through reinstalling GSX, LSGG and the latest SODE files, all using the latest available download files. I then used the Platform Manager to register and activate SODE for FSX:SE only. The error I am getting in the SODE.LOG is as follows:

[21:27:35.705] ERROR SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : 'jetway.cfg' not found for Model 'FSDT_SODE_JW_TBC3_41_19_LSGG' of SimObject ''! Path=jetway.cfg, Code(2)
[21:27:40.980] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Received Trigger Client Data: ObjID=453, DoorDesignator='1L', OwnFlag=1, DoorDataOverrideFlag=1, Mode=1
[21:27:40.980] ERROR SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Internal Jetway Instance not found -> NULL!

and I get the SODE Connection Lost error message on the screen, just after the jetway I am trying to activate turns 90 degrees away from my aircraft. As I rarely use the normal version of FSX any more, I only selected FSX:SE in the install options. I have again attached the fsx_se.cfg file.