Author Topic: GSX automatic door open and closing  (Read 3788 times)

pepo_paramo

GSX automatic door open and closing
« on: March 16, 2020, 02:04:40 pm »
I would like to know if there is an option to disable the automatic door opening and closing in gsx due to the fact that I would like to control it manually as I've been always doing it. For example when I ask for catering services, once the trucks are in their position, they open the door automatically and close it automatically making very short time for catering services. I would like to keep having the typical messages of "close door 1L" or "open door 2R". Please if any one knows how to disable this automatic door operation in gssx let me know. Thanks!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX automatic door open and closing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 01:35:16 am »
Which airplane. I think some planes are set up that way, so you'd have to check the manual for those planes.
Captain Kevin

pepo_paramo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 02:45:33 am »
Aerosoft A330.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:52:00 am »
And what does the manual say for that one.
Captain Kevin

bcars

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 10:30:17 am »
SODE has a settings option to enable/ disable  the auto doocking.
However, there is an interstig thread  on the SODE forum that says some aircraft are being recognized as AI aircraft   resulting in auto dock. You can disable the autodock for aircraft as well.

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=sode-auto-docking
Thanks
Bruce

pepo_paramo

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 01:36:05 pm »
The think is that jetways don't autodock to the aircraft. The problem is that GSX auto controll the aircraft doors, and I still want to manage myself the opening and closing of the doors, I still want to have the tipical message of "waiting to open exit 2L" for example, and I dont want to services to do their duties till I open o close the doors. I am talking about the aerosoft a330.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:09:59 pm »
The problem is that GSX auto controll the aircraft doors, and I still want to manage myself the opening and closing of the doors, I still want to have the tipical message of "waiting to open exit 2L" for example, and I dont want to services to do their duties till I open o close the doors. I am talking about the aerosoft a330.

GSX DOES NOT control the aircraft doors. That's where there's no such option, to control something that is not done by GSX.

It's the Airbus A330 that does that, when it detects you are using GSX, so you think GSX is controlling doors, because you see it happens after using GSX, but it's not GSX that is controlling doors, is the airplane.

So, you must refer to the airplane own documentation, which explains how to disable the airplane own automatic door handling.

pepo_paramo

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 02:26:23 pm »
I've checked the aerrosoft a330 documentation and there is nothing refering to door auto handling.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 02:31:29 pm »
I've checked the aerrosoft a330 documentation and there is nothing refering to door auto handling.

That simply means they haven't documented it (or forgot to documented it), not that GSX is not controlling the door, which is a fact. Nothing in the GSX code ever controlled doors, on any airplane.

I can only repeat and confirm I know for sure all Aerosoft Airbus DO open/close automatically when they detect GSX, regardless if it's documented or not. I suggest asking how this work to Aerosoft support.

pepo_paramo

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 02:43:33 pm »
I will ask them, thanks so much anyway! :)