Author Topic: Jetways crossing when docked  (Read 2337 times)

amrick615

Jetways crossing when docked
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:35:06 pm »
Hello!

I am having this problem when I choose "request Deboarding" in Aerosoft's Heathrow Professional. I have SODE installed for this airport and I have "assistance services auto mode" checked.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetways crossing when docked
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 01:35:47 am »
Don't use auto-dock?
Captain Kevin

amrick615

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 09:23:01 pm »
I'm essentially asking what can I do to fix this auto-docking error. Do you know any file I can alter or any setting I can change to change the auto-docking procedure?

Thank you

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 10:28:22 pm »
I wasn't aware of GSX actually having auto-docking, but I know SODE does. If it's SODE's doing, I don't know how to fix that or if there's even a way to fix it.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:04 pm »
If you have more than one jetway, and one of them can work at more than one exit, it's not possible for GSX to know if they will eventually cross, so you should't use the automatic servicing option there, and control jetways by yourself.

We usually prevent this to be happening in our sceneries, by carefully placing jetways in a way that, on the proper stop position, each jetway will only work on a single door, so the problem cannot happen there, but that might not always be the case on 3rd party sceneries.

amrick615

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 05:33:23 am »
Understood thanks guys!

Maybe I should go contact aerosoft and see if they can implement a fix to this, in that case

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 08:57:06 am »
The jetway naming convention for that one is just confusing altogether. I've managed to get them crossed even without using auto-dock because I didn't know which ones were supposed to be which.
Captain Kevin