Author Topic: Missing objects  (Read 1627 times)

nkukene

Missing objects
« on: March 07, 2020, 11:11:53 pm »
Hello, I have been using GSX for a few years now and never had an issue until recently. I have installed the latest version of GSX and GSX level2 after deleting everything I could find that was related to GSX. When I call GSX for any function the carts and tugs and fuel trucks are missing. Sometimes I can see a flashing light, other times I can see a floating driver. Now I have floating signs at my airports. I read through some of the fixes and can't get anything to work. Any thoughts or ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:55:25 pm by nkukene »

nkukene

Re: Missing objects
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 03:19:33 pm »
Still waiting for ideas on how to resolve this. :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing objects
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 03:26:27 pm »
This has been discussed so many times: you are not missing ANY objects. The objects are there, just some parts are invisible. And when only some parts are visible, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or the installation, since we clearly don't distribute "partial" objects.

What's really happening, it's a problem with video settings, and the most common cause for this is a problem with shaders, so you can try to rebuild them by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\Shaders

On the next start, the sim will run with a black screen for a while, then everything should come up again.

If that doesn't fix it, another common cause for missing parts is having updated P3D to 4.4 or 4.5 ( which are the only versions supported by GSX right now ), using the Client only. This won't work, so you must update the Content too, or use the P3D Full installer.