Author Topic: Problem with GSX use **SOLVED**  (Read 3152 times)

alz150

Problem with GSX use **SOLVED**
« on: March 06, 2020, 04:40:34 pm »
I am a former user of FSDREAMTEAM products. I usually use them without problems. In fact, I have several airports and the GSX (version 1 and 2).
The windows program is W10 and the simulator is P3D v4.5. The airplanes that I use for the GSX are PMDG (737NG and NGXU, 747, 777, DC6) DASH MAJESTIC and AIRBUS of AEROSOFT
Until a few days ago GSX worked perfectly at any airport; However, one day when I turned on the simulator, a warning message appeared indicating that there was an update of addon manager. I closed the simulator and proceeded to install that update. Since that time everything has gone from bad to worse. Press the CTR + F12 key combination to open the GSX and nothing happened. I thought there would have been a problem with the GSX and the update. I proceeded to uninstall the GSX and reinstall again; either on disk C (by default) or on another drive. The problem remains the same. I press the keys that activate it and there is no action.
Could someone tell me some solution?
Thanks in advance

Antonio de Castro
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:56:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX use
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 10:36:17 pm »
Since that time everything has gone from bad to worse

Please clarify what do you mean with "gone from bad to worse". It was bad *before* the update, and it's gotten worse *after* ? If yes, how so ?

Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message after you start the sim ?

alz150

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 03:00:41 pm »
With that phrase I want to say that before the update everything went well and after it I appreciated the problems. Exactly the problem is that when pressing CTR + F12 before leaving the menu to choose the options and now nothing comes out; as if I didn't have it installed, but if I go to addon manager and click on GSX1 and 2 it tells me that it is active.
And, indeed, I see "Airport cache loaded successfully" message after I start the sim.
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:45:58 pm »
With that phrase I want to say that before the update everything went well and after it I appreciated the problems.

Ok so, it went from "all is well" to "bad", not from "bad" to "worse". That's what I wanted to be sure of, it worked well before...

Exactly the problem is that when pressing CTR + F12 before leaving the menu to choose the options

I'm sorry, but you must try to make some effort to write more clearly, because this sentence is quite cryptic. What do you mean with "pressing CTRL+F12 before leaving the menu" ? You first press the GSX hotkey, THEN the menu come, and THEN you might eventually leaving it.

and now nothing comes out

Please clarify. First you say "before leaving the menu", now you say "nothing comes out", do you mean the menu you said you are going to leave, is in fact not even coming out ? Are you referring to the GSX menu ?

Try a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the GSX menu.

alz150

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 05:10:40 pm »
Sorry Sir, English is not my language. I will try to be more clearly.
I wrote, or at least I tried, that to start using GSX it is necessary to use a key combination; default CTR + F12. Pressing both keys should display a menu to use the different program options. In my case that does not happen. No menu or error message appears.
I beg your pardon for the possible mistakes I may make
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »
As I've said, try a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the GSX menu.

Also, you don't say if this is happening on a specific airport ( and if yes, where ? ) or everywhere.

alz150

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 04:14:08 pm »
I have done what I was told in the last post ("Restart and rebuild the airport cache") and the problem solved
Thank you