Author Topic: Short jetways?  (Read 4737 times)

Chaser

Short jetways?
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:53:40 pm »
After searching, I cannot find that this question has been asked before, so I apologize if I missed something.  I know the jetways do not always connect (although I've got AES so they can at least model it).  However, the issue is that the aircraft I love flying most are the MD-80 and 737, both of which are very low aircraft.  Are there gates that have something low enough so that when the jetways move, it doesn't look like it's tunneling?  If not, is this a possibility to model or is it confusing to FSX?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm in the process of creating an MD-80 sim cockpit, and would really like to get around 4-5 airports minimum that I can taxi to and create a pretty decent flight video without having to look at the wheels of the jetway burrowing in..lol.

I want to say thanks to the Virtuali team, as you guys have done fantastic stuff, and I've purchased nearly all the US stuff, and will continue to do it.  Keep up the amazing work.
  Jon

skimmer

Re: Short jetways?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 04:59:21 am »
Chaser. I like to fly the FSX B-737. After your post I looked closely at jetway wheels and I noticed that when I was at KMSP the wheels did tunnel but when I started at Fstd.KLAS they did'nt. So I started at FSX,KDLH and they were in the ground again. Anyway I am going to a higher power to ask this . Do you have any payware addons? Like maybe UT2? :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:01:23 am by skimmer »

Chaser

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:40:00 am »
I don't have any payware add-ons for the US part yet.  I've got a TON of add-ons for payware though.

A lot of Full Terrain's scenery for Australia (shouldn't affect), REX 2.0, FEX.  It just occurred to me, I did install Airport Enhancement Services or whatever, but don't think I've used it since then.

In testing it out, I went through and tested a couple of gates at KLAS (activated), and KJFK.  Couldn't find a single gate that animated for ME, but would move for the AI aircraft.  I'll have to start troubleshooting that.
  Jon

-Edit:  So now I'm REALLY confused.  Apparently, NOTHING is working for jetway stuff now.  I'm rather confused, as I tried KORD, KLAS, KJFK.  KORD is activated....and still didn't work.

-Re-Edit:  My graphics card needed a break....but KSEA doesn't even move either.  I don't even know where to start for troubleshooting...as I've never seen AES to do that, and it shouldn't do it on areas that it's not even APPLIED to.  I'd appreciate any help....even if it's just a finger in the right direction.

-Re-Re-Edit:  OK....I managed to get KORD to work using the animated jetways without dropping into the ground.  My gut instinct is that the jetways will only work while AES is installed and active?  If that's the case...that's fine.  You guys have been supported by AES, so I'd be happy there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:09:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »
In testing it out, I went through and tested a couple of gates at KLAS (activated), and KJFK.  Couldn't find a single gate that animated for ME, but would move for the AI aircraft.  I'll have to start troubleshooting that.

If the jetways moves for the AI, but not for your airplane, it means there might be a problem in your aircraft.cfg with the Exits section, which is made in FS9 style, without the actual coordinates of the exit. In order for jetways to work, your airplane needs to have the exits flagged in FSX style, with the coordinates in addition to the exit type.

So now I'm REALLY confused.  Apparently, NOTHING is working for jetway stuff now.  I'm rather confused, as I tried KORD, KLAS, KJFK.  KORD is activated....and still didn't work.

If the problem is the airplane, it doesn't matter which scenery: it will not work with the default sceneries as well.

My gut instinct is that the jetways will only work while AES is installed and active?  If that's the case...that's fine.  You guys have been supported by AES, so I'd be happy there.

I guess that AES uses its own airplane config file so, its jetways are able to find the door, even if it's made in FS9 style in the aircraft.cfg.

Our jetways (meaning, our sceneries without AES active) uses the standard FSX method, which requires the airplane to have the exits flagged in FSX style in the aircraft.cfg, exactly like the default jetways or the default sceneries.

Chaser

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:06:49 pm »
The confusing thing is that I'm using numerous payware aircraft for FSX.  One is the Ariane Design 737-900, the second is the MD-80 from CoolSky, and I think I tried with one or two airliners that I cannot think of at present.  The 737-900 is purely FSX, and the other aircraft has a "pure" FSX version as well, which is where the confusion comes in.  I'll check again, and it may be something I'm doing wrong too....user stupidity is not beyond my realm...lol
   Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:46:12 pm »
The fact that an airplane is advertized as being "pure FSX", doesn't mean much with regard to exists. A developer might very well compile all the model using the FSX SDK, thus creating a native FSX model, but if the exists in the aircraft.cfg files do not have the coordinates, the jetways will not work with that airplane.

The fact that you see the jetway moving with AI, which are default MS airplane, clearly proves that the jetways works, and the problem it's the airplane you are using.

Obvious question: have you tried with a default airplane ?