Author Topic: refueling PMDG 777-300  (Read 3093 times)

fms737

refueling PMDG 777-300
« on: February 29, 2020, 01:19:47 pm »
Hello,
my system: Win 10 and P3Dv4.5 and the PMDG 777-300.
- I enter 5000 kg in the FMC under Fuel
-then I open Operations, select Custom and enter 15000 kg under Plan Fuel
- Time Req. To Fuel shows 00.06
- then Request Fuel, selection Condor tanker comes
-in the window that opens I select "Custom refueling using Default Fuel menu
- then Left and Right each 5000 kg and OK
- Filling hose is docked under the right wing; but shortly after (approx. 30 sec.) the tanker moves away again
- it has not yet begun to fill.
What am I doing wrong; ask for help.
Claus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: refueling PMDG 777-300
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 10:49:38 pm »
The first problem is that you should never use the default fuel menu to load fuel in any PMDG aircraft. You need to use the FMC to do that.
Captain Kevin

fms737

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 12:34:08 pm »
Hello,
thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately I still don't understand the whole procedure for the PMDG 777 and GSX. Which settings do I have to use e.g. in the GSX Settings or Customize Aircraft, so that the tank truck stops at the aircraft until the end of the filling process. What is the default fuel menu and how can I set it ? Does GSX Fuel work at all with the PMDG 777. I hope I have expressed myself clearly and would be very happy to receive an answer. Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards
Claus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 08:04:38 pm »
You DON'T want to use the default fuel menu, which is what you said you were using. The default fuel menu is the fuel menu that came with the simulator, but you're not supposed to use that with any PMDG aircraft. What I normally do is use GSX to request refueling. Once the fuel truck has arrived and is completely connected, I go into the PMDG FMC and add the fuel that way.
Captain Kevin

fms737

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 12:47:42 pm »
thanks.
Claus

dima

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:54 pm »
Hello,
I use FMC on PMDG 777, but GSX tank car don't start to fill up. I am always asked to use the refueling system.
https://abload.de/img/screenshot108lkjb7.png

"0" is always displayed for GSX cars, How does it work? Please help me :)
https://abload.de/img/screenshot106w8kpg.png
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:19:21 am by virtuali »

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 07:58:25 am »
once  its  hooked  up  use  the  fmc  to load  the  fuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 10:24:29 am »
but GSX tank car don't start to fill up. I am always asked to use the refueling system.

This has been explained so many times, on the manual, on the forum, that I probably lost count: when an airplane is flagged as using a custom fuel system ( and the PMDG surely are ), GSX is not "filling" anything.

In this mode, GSX will only WAIT for the airplane to start refilling ITSELF, using whatever method the airplane use to refill itself and, if a fuel increase is detected, the GSX fuel counter will go up.

The GSX manual has a clear procedure to follow, using precisely the PMDG 777 as an example, and it clearly says you must use the airplane FMC to load fuel AFTER you see the message from GSX "Please use the aircraft refueling system". If you ( or the airplane or another external utility like a fuel loader or anything that has an effect to the fuel quantity ), change the fuel quantity BEFORE you see that message from GSX, that change won't be detected, so the GSX fuel truck will continue to wait because, the only fuel changes it detects, are those happening AFTER you see that message.

dima

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 10:56:08 pm »
Thanks a lot
now it's working! I did everything right from the start and after GSX auto was docked, you have to wait a little, 2 minutes