Author Topic: minor lvar request.  (Read 3435 times)

michielsweb

minor lvar request.
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:23:12 pm »
can we " please" get 2 new lvars
for door request?  or a between stage  in the current boarding and deboarding  catering

currently i can automate "opening the doors"  aswel as send the boarding request.  whit 1 joystick button.
due too a lightweight cabincrew sound tool i make.

but " it stocks as GSX wants the doors closed. ofcourse  i can ignore doors. but seems to me its a minor update to GSX that wil go a long way.

basicly a var info to know GSX want doors opent!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: minor lvar request.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 01:26:14 pm »
Sorry, but I don't understand you. Please try to rewrite your post in a clearer way.

michielsweb

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:55:49 pm »
the lvars for Boarding and deboarding, catering state.

example  L:FSDT_GSX_BOARDING_STATE  can i have a status for " waiting on pax doors  openend and closed  and for cargo door :)

for example 8 output means waiting on Pax doors to be openend :)
for example 9 output means waiting on pax doors to be closed

michielsweb

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 02:29:53 pm »
other question i send   the request command to lvar

FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("L:FSDT_GSX_BOARDING_STATE", 3); but it doesnt work?   im trying to bypas ure menu.

can u please advise?

i mean :) if i can by pass the menu. for 90% of the time :) it makes my game gain more realism :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 09:22:29 pm by michielsweb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 08:37:51 am »
example  L:FSDT_GSX_BOARDING_STATE  can i have a status for " waiting on pax doors  openend and closed  and for cargo door :)

GSX manual, Page 68:

Checking the doors status

The following variables can be checked to know if GSX is waiting for a door to be opened

So, by reading both the Boarding status and those "waiting for doors" variables, you can achieve what you are asking.

FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("L:FSDT_GSX_BOARDING_STATE", 3); but it doesnt work?   im trying to bypas ure menu.

Of course it doesn't work, and it will never do, since GSX is not made to be remotely controlled. You cannot entirely bypass the menu, but you can automate it using a method similar to what has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22921.msg154154.html#msg154154

michielsweb

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 10:51:24 am »
Thank you virtualy. 

i wil investigate the 2nd lvar . i thought those where only for level 2 :)
because it says so at the top of the manual

michielsweb

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 11:15:45 am »
new suggestion tough :)
i maked a work arround for automated GSX control.  (my virtual crew) wil on certain terms  activate GSX.  services.
through virtual key commands. but only 1 thing  we cant select !!

can we add one extra writteble lvar? FSDT_GSX_GATE  ?:)
i mean 1 simple lvar.  can connect GSX to any  ATC  program :)

Example any atc can give  GATE assignment we can read the offset and transfer it too GSX :)
then we can just follow atc instructions til we reach our marshaller :D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:23:04 am by michielsweb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:58:39 pm »
i wil investigate the 2nd lvar . i thought those where only for level 2 :) because it says so at the top of the manual

It doesn't say so. The blue line on the left, which means "GSX L2 only" doesn't cover THAT paragraph.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 01:00:41 pm »
Example any atc can give  GATE assignment we can read the offset and transfer it too GSX :)  then we can just follow atc instructions til we reach our marshaller

As I've said, GSX is not designed to be remotely controlled. It works only from the menu. That, if I understood correctly what you meant with "transfer to GSX"

michielsweb

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 01:44:55 pm »
is that 1 "lvar" realy a big issue. (i just the data that u select in GSX  for the gate.)
else can GSX get a function to link airline to "pier" for example

EASYJEt at eham prefers Pier H. that GSX auto select a gate at H?

whit 1 LVAR u open up ALL ATC and even the online ones  possible to GSX
making GSX bigger then big.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:47:01 pm by michielsweb »

michielsweb

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 09:50:04 am »
i wil try again but i wil be nice and think along.
if u tell me what language gsx is written in il even willing to write the if else in proper code.

i give a solution.

read a .txt file. (any c# vb c++ etc can just edit a .txt file thats why)
if ( empty or txtstring != in GSX gate/park array) {
base operations
}
else {
  selectedgate = textstring;
}

because the problem for me is. in the current situation
i am getting from atc my gate assisgnmetns and taxi directions to get there. (this solution wil allow the main atc's programms to activate GSX waiting at the right gate.

because now we have to go through a menu to select the proper gate. which at a small airport its ok. but on some larger airports it can take quite a while.  (which remove per time more and more realism for me)

for the same reason i wrote a software from start to end which activates and  act inside ure menu. by doing it fast enough that GSX is nothing but a hidden flicker that last les then 1 second on my screen.  i have a 4 option button on my home cockpit to  cabin crew and ground crew activation automation . just for the push so i can work arround that .  but Arival GATE is a missing thing .

sorry i am pushing this but i am just trying to turn gsx more realistic and improved
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:06:15 am by michielsweb »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 12:45:43 am »
As I've said, GSX is not designed to be remotely controlled. It works only from the menu so, in order to allow that, it would require quite a bit of updates.

If we'll do it, we'll do it properly, in a way that remote control would be generic, so it can be remotely controlled over a network, with voice commands, with an API, etc.