Author Topic: Javier Fernandez's new Carrier pack  (Read 57549 times)

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
Modifying the Carriers speed
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:05 pm »
Take a look, for example, in your "SimObjects/Boats/veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm" folder. (This is the default AccPack carrier.)

There's a file called SIM.CFG which contains the speed parameters in the [DesignSpec] section.

Default speed is 50. Try something like 35-40 to slow her down a bit.

I've no idea what the units are, but if you want your carrier to run like a power boat try: max_speed_mph = 200. You'd be hard pushed to keep up with her in a Hornet...LOL...but you get the idea!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:14:17 pm by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: Javier Fernandez's new Carrier pack
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 08:44:31 pm »
Thanks Voodoo, I'd like to see a video of that '200' power boat setting.  :o ;D  Beuhler? Anyone?
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

neutrino

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:56 pm »
Haha, you'd have to use afterburners to land on this thing at 200, and no need for tailhook - you can land like a helicopter, no need for angled deck either... just one helipad above the nuclear reactor ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:10:33 pm by neutrino »

Intrepid

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 11:58:48 pm »
Haha, you'd have to use afterburners to land on this thing at 200, and no need for tailhook - you can land like a helicopter, no need for angled deck either... just one helipad above the nuclear reactor ;D

That would ba a video worth watching ;D ;D
Ya would have to replace the landing gear with Talons to keep the bug on the deck at that speed ;)
Randy

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 02:13:38 am »
So make a FUNNY video? No?  ;D  PuhLease.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 05:10:25 am »
Thanks fellers...

Yeah, late last night, I finally did that stuff and it worked.  I even got to the point of slowing down the accel carrier to the point where the steam cats look like the four attachpoints with some smoke puffs coming out, so thats a bit too slow.  Might just have to drop them about 10 mph and settle for a balance between look and realism.  I think setting a max speed of 30 gets it down to Javier's carriers, round 25 kts.  Good enough for me, with 0-5 kts of headwind.

Different tastes

Later
Sludge

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:01 pm »
If you like, Sludge, I can work you a set of steam effects that will look fine at slower speeds? (or at least what I would do is check out which parameters to alter in the effects files so you can alter them to suit yourself at any time).

I'll go and have a look tonight and see what steam settings work ok at max_speed=30.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 10:40:51 pm »
Voodoo...

Sure that would be cool.  Only if you have nothing else on your plate, though, and you dont mind.  Its a fun visual to have.

Since we are kinda on topic, has there been any progress with Javier's carriers, regarding the one time only steam shots?!  Or is that something that would be tough to make look like the acceleration carrier?  As I dont mind the steam coming out from the cats, once youve used them.  Even if they never stop.

Anyway, thanks for the offer and let me know how it progresses!
Later
Sludge

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2009, 10:51:45 pm »
No worries, it's great fun tinkering with these things! :D

Re. Javier's carriers...I think that he has done the hard work of putting in the attachpoints so it should now be very possible to alter his effects to make them work like the default carrier. I shall have a look at that after I test out some steam variations for the default boat.

Intrepid

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 11:07:30 pm »
No worries, it's great fun tinkering with these things! :D

Re. Javier's carriers...I think that he has done the hard work of putting in the attachpoints so it should now be very possible to alter his effects to make them work like the default carrier. I shall have a look at that after I test out some steam variations for the default boat.

VooDoo ,,
I have as yet to look at those effects files,,so if this suggestion is out there, no laughing,, is it possible to put a time limit on that effect of let say a minute or so then have the effect re-set?
Randy

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:39 am »
Voodoo...

Thanks much, man.  I like the Javier's carriers better as a whole (the details, the flight deck people, the planes and vehicles), but like the steam of the default, so if you were able to combine the two that would rule!

All in all, this fall has seen some of the best progress/work done on the acceleration hornet and carriers in a long time!!  Now can you imagine that once the SuperBug gets done (seen the detail on those guys?!), how immersive the experience will be.  I think when its all said and done by February, there will be some happy flight simmers out there, especially us military guys who have enjoyed the Hornet and Accel carrier since it came out.

Thanks again, amigo!!

GOONIE

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 05:40:40 pm »
Anyone know how to get a the carrier to move up and down with the waves in FSX, to simulate a pitching deck scenario?

I understand this could make the IFOLS information incorrect since the IFOLS is not stabilized in FSX, but I saw this video of a tugboat in FSX and it is definitely pitching up and down so I assume it is possible, I just don't know how to do it. Here is the video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1204166/fsx_smit_rotterdam_heavy_tug/

Thought this would make for some challenging approaches.  8)

Also, on a separate note, anyone know how to add a tanker flight to a mission. I use the TogGun sim daytraps mission and would like to add a tanker AI using the KC-135 I have, flying near the carrier for some "trick and treat" ops. Has anyone added a AI flightplan to a mission before? Any help here would be great.

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

SUBS17

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 08:17:58 pm »
There is definately pitch as in the Helicopter TRG mission involves a pitching deck.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 12:52:26 am »
OK, peepses, here is the steam effect for Javier's carriers. It works in exactly the same fashion as the steam effect for the default carrier (i.e. the effect triggers when you launch from the cat, and basically keeps going).

Just drop the attached file into your main Effects folder, and that's all that's required!

Please remember to to take a backup copy of the original file before you replace it.

(N.B. if any of you are using the "fx_catapult.fx" effect file for Javier's carriers that I posted on Voodoo's Hangar, please rename that, or delete it. You won't need it anymore, but Javier has left that attachpoint in his models so it will look weird if you continue to try and use it!)

@Intrepid,
Yo Randy, your idea is good, but that's what Javier himself tried to do with his original effect, and for some reason, if the effect is allowed to expire, it just don't seem to trigger again!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:57:14 am by Voodoo »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 12:57:36 am »
Thanks Voodoo...

Downloaded and will try out tonite and get back to ya with results.

Later
Sludge