Author Topic: GSX not starting most of the time with latest update **SOLVED**  (Read 13625 times)

MattG

GSX not starting most of the time with latest update **SOLVED**
« on: February 09, 2020, 07:37:58 pm »
Hi,

After speaking to a few others it seems the latest GSX update from 6/7th Feb 2020 has a bug where GSX and Corul will not start with the sim and is missing from the addon drop down menu. I've tried running the update a number of times and it doesn't fix the issue. It seems like it's more of a lucky dip to see if it will load or not load at all. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

If you could advise or look into it then that would be great. Or if you need me to do anything like provide logs etc then do let me know.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:42:43 pm by virtuali »

rdlepage

Re: GSX not starting most of the time with latest update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 09:11:21 pm »
Same problem here since updating. Was fine before. Hope this gets fixed ASAP as its really annoying. Was working fine before the update. Glad its not just me getting this problem.
Wish I had held off updating . Also when it does start and you then restart Coualt after making changes to GSX  it crashes. The Cualtl an Gsx  menu disappears from  the Addon menu
and you have to restart P3d. Its become totally unstable since the last update. Even tried reinstalling but no luck.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:24:58 pm by rdlepage »

keithgiannoni

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »
To confirm, exactly same issues for me. Once GSX disappears, I need to reinstall as it will not work after a sim restart.

Regards,

Keith

wegerlee

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:37:20 pm »
I Can confirm this as well.  I did a post on this one earlier where the Menu disappears.  YOu load p3d in default scenario and it works fine.  As soon as you change aircraft the menu disappears.  I had no SW changes over the past few months, other than updating FSDT yesterday.  I dide howeber re-install VC++ 2005 library and seems to have fixed it

rdlepage

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 09:17:47 pm »
There's clearly a problem here with the latest update as GSX is currently virtually unusable in its current state. It also disables any FSDT airports you have installed  when Cuoatl crashes.
there are now many posts on this problem and no response from the developer. Is he on holiday or something? The live update need to to be updated with a working version until the problem is solved.
Pity we cant roll back to the previous version as it would eliminate issues like this.

Someone said reinstalling VC++2005 library fixed the problem, could someone give a step by step instructions on how to do this as I don't have a clue how to do it. I have GSX and many FSDT airports installed that I can't use
because of this and i'm sure  many others have too. This is extremely annoying.

wegerlee

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »
Versus my previous Post from above that the re-install of the VC++ Libraries solved the problem.  Nope:  Yesterday I managed to fly KBOS to EIDW with GSX working fine.  Today started P3d with default again - GSX is fine - changed airport to LTAC - GSX is still there - changed aircraft to PMDG 737 NGXU and bang - GSX disappears.  I am at the end of my solutions here

LEdwards2012

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
I have the same issue, GSX not starting most of the time and showing as unregistered in Addon Manager. Tried Live Update but this did not solve the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 03:19:27 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

GSX loads fine, and I can switch from an airplane to another with no issues, tried it now, switching from default A321 to PMDG 737-600, and back to default 737, and it always load normally.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 04:07:07 pm »
It doesn't seem to be a virus protection issue as switching off real time protection does not solve the problem. Most of the time, Couatl is not launching, although I did get it to work a couple of time this morning but when I changed airport it stopped working (the airport cache did not load).

I have tried various aircraft (including the stock Cub) and various airports and most of the time I do not have GSX in the Addons menu and it shows as a trial product in the Addon Manager.

Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to reinstall (again) and then have to reinstall a lot of airport scenery.

I'm running the latest version of P3D client on Windows 10 with all updates installed. I have tried deleting my AppData/Local/Temp folder and this made no difference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »
If Couatl simply doesn't start, then the most likely problem IS the antivirus.

We have updated it and, lots of antivirus if not properly configured ( by adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions ), will block something they don't know "just" because it's new.

This happens a lot whenever we do an update, so users assume there must be a problem with it, but there isn't. It's just they antivirus blocking the file because it's new. After you configured the antivirus correctly, do as follows:

- Restart Windows

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 04:35:33 pm »
I already had the whole c:\Addon Manager folder excluded. I'm never convinced that Windows pays attention to folder exclusions properly though!

I added the Couatl folder as well, rebooted and GSX worked with the default Cub at Gatwick. I changed to Rome LIRF and it was still working, then I switched the FSLabs A320 and it stopped. I rebooted and tried to load straight into LIRF with the FSLabs and it was still not working.

I'll try excluding the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder and see if that makes any difference and report back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 04:46:35 pm »
When you say "Gatwick" or "Rome LIRF", do you mean default sceneries ? If no, are these 3rd party add-on using SODE jetways, default jetways, GSX replaced jetways ?

I tried doing something similar to what you did, went to EGKK (default), switched to the default Cub, moved to LIRF (default), switched to the FS Labs A320, no problems.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 04:53:03 pm »
They were 3rd party addon sceneries but I was having the issue with default airports as well. Virus protetcion does seem to be the problem and I think I have solved the problem by adding the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder as an excluded folder in the Windows virus protection settings. I have successfully loaded into one airport and changed to another and the airport cache and GSX loads.

NB this issue only came up for me today so it could be the latest virus definition that is the problem, I was using GSX happily yesterday morning with no issues.

Thank you for the prompt replies.

MattG

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 04:53:46 pm »
I have managed to fix the problem and no it's not related to any sort of anti-virus software.

In the following file: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg I had entrires for the following:

FsDreamTeam Exclude
FsDreamTeam Addon Manager

I made a backup of the add-ons.cfg file and then removed the entries above and then re-numbered the packages so it was going in order: 1,2,3,4  (you get the idea).

I removed them because I already had them in the following area:

C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Exclude
C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam Addon Manager

And in the above folders they have their own add-on.xml file.

Re-opened P3D and a message pops up asking if you want to activate the two addons. Said yes to both and GSX is working as normal. No idea what happened with the latest updates as this was all fine before I applied the update at the weekend (a number of times to see if it would fix it).

I can't say this will fix it for everyone as you will have to check your own files to see what is happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 05:01:03 pm »
I made a backup of the add-ons.cfg file and then removed the entries above and then re-numbered the packages so it was going in order: 1,2,3,4  (you get the idea).

You mean they were out of order before ? This is strange, since we don't touch that file, it's the sim that will handle the creation of all the section, when an add-on asks to be registered.

Have you used an external utility that handles add-ons ?