Author Topic: Crash After Changing SODE Jetways at DFW  (Read 1603 times)

RFarmah

Crash After Changing SODE Jetways at DFW
« on: February 07, 2020, 06:22:24 am »
After the last update on the 6th I changed my SODE jetways to the Steel Version, and after the scenery loads, as the time for jetways to load comes, COUATL crashes and causes GSX to quit. The only change I made was changing the jetway type via the operations center, but after hitting apply, it caused COUATL to crash. I have attatched the error file. I also tried re installing the update, but that did not help either. I'm not sure what I did, or what happened, as I have used this process to make changes to SODE jetways at each of my airports.

i'd also like to point out that I can't even open the GSX editor to undo the Gate change as GSX won't get past the initial loadup phase when the simulator starts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 06:27:17 am by RFarmah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash After Changing SODE Jetways at DFW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:04:27 am »
When you apply a change with multiple selected jetways, it might take a while for all of them to be regenerated, especially on an airport with many jetways like KDFW and, if you do something else in the meantime, it might create a corrupted/wrong .INI file.

Remove your .INI file, do the same, but be sure all jetways have been updated with the new type, before doing any other operation in the editor.

RFarmah

Re: Crash After Changing SODE Jetways at DFW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 03:50:44 am »
Perfect! That fixed the problem right up, and solved the crash upon loading! Thanks for the quick support!

On a side note, I have seen talks about FSDT Updating KDFW with SODE features and possible dynamic lighting in previous forums in the past year. Is this something that is still on the table?