Author Topic: Radar Operation  (Read 6747 times)

idahosurge

Radar Operation
« on: December 27, 2007, 05:00:33 am »
Does anyone have some simple instructions for the radar?  How do you select a target?  If you have multiple aircraft on radar how do you select a paticular one?  I click on the two buttons marked TUP and TDN, but they do not aquire a target most of the time.  Also once a target is aquired what do the two numbers around the target mean and what does the number on the center left of the display mean?  Also I read in a different post that the number on the top left of the display meant the heading to target, this I assume is the heading I need to take.  This does not make sense because if a target is about 2 o'clock from the center of the display, I am on a heading of 40, the number in the upper left says 270 while I am think that at the most my heading should be a compass heading of 55 or 60 to fly straight to the target.

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Radar Operation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:33:21 am »
If you have multiple aircraft on radar how do you select a paticular one?  I click on the two buttons marked TUP and TDN, but they do not aquire a target most of the time.

You can't select a particular one, with TUP and TDN buttons, you scroll up/down through the list of currently visible targets. Visible means, in range and in the field of view of the antenna.

Also once a target is aquired what do the two numbers around the target mean and what does the number on the center left of the display mean?

This has been explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=52.0

Also I read in a different post that the number on the top left of the display meant the heading to target, this I assume is the heading I need to take.

No, it's the target own heading. To fly towards a target, simply turn the airplane until the target is in the middle of the screen.

idahosurge

Re: Radar Operation
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:38:52 pm »
Thanks Man!  The link to the other thread was exactly what I was looking for!

Rod