Author Topic: Error messages  (Read 4463 times)

bcm652

Error messages
« on: December 27, 2019, 02:27:36 am »
Did an update and I can't open GSX. What do I need to do ??

Darcy13

Re: Error messages
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 04:39:43 pm »
many are having this issue.  Been 3 days for me.  They must be away.  Hopefully an update today to fix so we can fly again.

Darcy

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:16:25 pm »
I know what you mean. They recommend an update to fix these issues, but that just made it worse and the worst part seems to be, no body seems to be in a hurry to fix the problem.

lsbenfica

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 01:16:41 am »
Same here ---even reinstalled all of FSDreamteam products and nothing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 11:53:28 am »
Try running the FSDT Live Update now.

Randy Harrill

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 02:29:45 pm »
I am having the same issue only at KLAS  so far, ran the update this morning but nothing..

Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 44 seconds
Loading airport KLAS from C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAS\scenery\AP_KLAS2.BGL
Using airport customization from GSX.airports.klas2_fsdt
Loading user customizations from C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAS\scenery\klas-fsdt.ini (file is designer-provided and won't be modified in-place)
Loading user customizations from C:\Users\RMHar.DESKTOP-4EBMR47\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\klas-kefb5c.ini
Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded
Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 82, id 99)
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW1_DEFAULT_static'
{'Airport': 'KLAS', 'User Pos': (36.08352239310998, -115.13989862232486, 667.271 m, 2.50362 m, 159.99999604450238)}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW1_DEFAULT_static'
{'Airport': 'KLAS', 'User Pos': (36.08352239310998, -115.13989862232486, 667.271 m, 2.50362 m, 159.99999604450238)}

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 04:43:22 pm »
Randy, this is my suggestion, because it worked for me. I am running Win10, MFSX.
I went into my computer's Control Panel and clicked on Programs. I then uninstalled everything listed with FSDT, including Addon Manager when prompted. I then rebooted my computer. I then went to FSDT website and downloaded GSX and installed it. I did not run the Live Update because that seemed to be causing me all my problems. I then installed CYVR and did not run the Live Update, for the same reasons.
The GSX and CYVR are both running fine with no problems without running the Live Update.
Maybe in six months from now if they finally get all of the bugs out of Live Update, I might try running it again.

LukeK

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 07:58:23 pm »
By and large, Live Update works. This looks like a case of a model ('FSDT_SODE_JW1_DEFAULT_static') not being found on the local PC.

The more I support client-installed software, the more I discover what a train wreck most users' installations are. I don't always agree with Umberto that anti-virus is the cause of all problems and GSX is perfect, but it's usually better and more reliable than other people's computers.

Cheers!

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 01:27:04 pm »
Maybe in six months from now if they finally get all of the bugs out of Live Update, I might try running it again

The Live Udpate doesn't have any bugs. The only thing that have bugs, is a faulty antivirus that prevents the Live Update to do its job, namely download and update files, or a firewall blocking it in the same way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 01:31:16 pm »
I am having the same issue only at KLAS  so far, ran the update this morning but nothing..

You don't have the "same" issue. The issue reported in this thread was an specific error that has been fixed already in the current update, several days ago.

Your issue is entirely different, and indicates you have installed KLAS, but haven't installed the latest GSX L2, which will install all jetways required by KLAS, since KLAS uses GSX/SODE jetways now, so it won't work without GSX L2 being installed. Of course, GSX L2 is entirely free to use, since KLAS it's an FSDT scenery, so it will work regardless if you bought it or not, but you still must install it.

The current KLAS installer will warn you about this, and won't even install if you don't have GSX L2 installed, but if you already installed KLAS using an old installer, you'll have to install the latest GSX manually, which will add the jetway models you are missing.

Randy Harrill

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 02:20:29 pm »
I did uninstall GSX and KLAS, and downloaded a fresh copy of both GSX & KLAS, but I am still having the same issue with all being excluded from anti virus. If you could give me any step by step this would be great (I am not a computer wiz.) I have enclosed a zip file of the error log. Thank you for all of your help. Your products are very good and I will always support and suggest all of FSDT. Thanks Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 03:09:47 pm »
Your log shows you are using a custom GSX profile you made ( or downloaded ), which might have been made with a very old version of GSX, so it references a jetway model that doesn't exists anymore.

Try removing this file:

C:\Users\RMHar.DESKTOP-4EBMR47\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\klas-kefb5c.ini

Randy Harrill

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 02:09:48 am »
Thank You Umberto, I did un install KLAS and cleaned it up  and reinstalled and KLAS is working GREAT... Once again FSDT products are second to none... Thank you for your help Umberto.. Randy