Author Topic: Suggestion: new features  (Read 2252 times)

Timm Rehberg

Suggestion: new features
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:02:06 pm »
Hi,

here are some ideas for the future:

Selection of models: It would be cool if you could setup somewhere models of the cars. For example: I get american trucks for LSG catering in Munich. It would be cool to get a list of trucks to select them for the region etc...

De-Icing: I was thinking about the remote de-icing option.
Is there no way of adding a ("virtual") parking position to a afcad and restrict this position then with only the option for de-icing (with the modification that the engines are running etc.)?
Could you please let the deicing trucks leave the plane again when they're finished? I never saw this on a airport when there was really deicing in progress :D They are hardly needed everywhere :P

Spawn-Points/Ending points: In regarding of the Basle release, is there a possibility for the pax to create spawn points of the services (where they actually start/end from/to)?
This is for example the entrance of the terminal (for example basle or copenhagen). The pax walk down the stairs and walk directly into the terminal.

FSL integration: If I select a stand in the AOC menu or I get one from the config-file - could this option help me to select the stand already upon arrival?

Services/Handling, Colors: Could you please expand the funtion of GSX to select different colors for the different services? I created a own logo for München Flughafen services with the cyian blue which almost matches to the older real munich blue cars. But the Belt-unloader cars are completely orange.
Additional to this, free color selection would be cool but I don´t know if this is possible as I think each color has own texture folders).

Services: Are you planning to add kind of cleaning, airline staff, maintenance, water trucks, .. for more services to take care of our beautiful planes? I see in the aircraft editor a position for water.

Follow me: If I request a follow me - could you add 2 or 3 position refreshs? Sometimes it takes so long for the follow me to show up that I continue taxiing and then the follow me cannot catch me up. So if the follow me is on the way, it would search up for my position one more time or maybe 2..
Or if you could setup such spawn/pick-up positions where the car is waiting.. (sometimes at the apron entrys).

Thx for the continues development! :)

Regards,
Timm

Best regards from the beautiful part of Germany,
"Blackforest" :)

Timmy

RocoTobbs

Re: Suggestion: new features
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 01:35:52 am »
Passengers boarding and deboarding spacing not realistic, therefore causing too long for boarding and deboarding. Also passenger count too slow, e.g six(6) passengers deboard and counter starts at one on the seventh passenger.

No wing walkers. Although deselected in settings the estimate passenger count, it still estimate it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:02:03 pm »
Passengers boarding and deboarding spacing not realistic, therefore causing too long for boarding and deboarding.

As discussed so many times and as explained on the manual, the passenger spacing, which affects directly boarding/deboarding time, is related to the passenger Density slider, and on the highest settings, boarding times are totally realistic.

And, as explained so many times as well, if you are boarding an heavy airplane on a gate that in real life has 2 or even 3 jetways, but the scenery you use only have one, boarding times will be 2x or 3x what they are supposed to be, because using multiple jetways in real life is done precisely to speed up boarding, but if the scenery doesn't have them, is clearly not GSX fault, and of course one of the features of GSX L2 is to add extra jetways to sceneries that don't have them.

Also passenger count too slow, e.g six(6) passengers deboard and counter starts at one on the seventh passenger.

Not a problem and not a bug, of course. It's just that a passenger is counted when it walk at the end of the jetway, or when it boards the bus, not when he exits from the airplane door. But this is not making the counter or the actual boarding process any slower or faster, it will take exactly the same time, regardless when the number is updated.

No wing walkers.

Confirmed multiple times they will appear in future updates.

Although deselected in settings the estimate passenger count, it still estimate it.

This surely doesn't happen. The passenger number is asked if the option is deselected, unless you are using an airplane that has communicated that to GSX directly.

If you think it does, because it doesn't ask on *Deboarding* this is not a bug, it's entirely normal, since if the passenger number was already set during Boarding, it won't ask again on Deboarding, since the only way the passenger number would change between Boarding and Deboarding, is if somebody jumped out of the airplane mid-flight, or a pregnant lady gave birth in flight, and we are not simulating any of that...

Timm Rehberg

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:36 pm »
Thx for answering all the things but not even one of mine ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Best regards from the beautiful part of Germany,
"Blackforest" :)

Timmy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 03:40:04 pm »
Thx for answering all the things but not even one of mine

I'll reply to your questions too, as soon as I have time.