Author Topic: Wrong aircraft position  (Read 2525 times)

Drrick

Wrong aircraft position
« on: January 02, 2020, 06:23:40 pm »
Hi, simple question.....
I start my P3Dv4, Fslabs Airbus, on EDDL,  any ramp. My aircraft is not positioned on the correct position... Any suggestions?
Cheers, Rick

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Wrong aircraft position
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 06:34:33 pm »
What do you mean by correct position. Keep in mind that when you load the simulator, it's using the default AFCAD. You'd then have to use GSX to warp to the parking of your choice to be in the proper position.
Captain Kevin

Drrick

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:01:32 pm »
True, but still not into correct position warping there

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 05:34:54 am »
Then I guess you need to customize the parking positions yourself unless somebody else already did it. You can search the GSX sharing area at the top of this forum to see if somebody did it for the scenery that you have.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 09:06:24 am »
I start my P3Dv4, Fslabs Airbus, on EDDL,  any ramp. My aircraft is not positioned on the correct position...

What do you mean with "I start my P3D4" ?

If you mean you start a flight, select a gate from the default menu of the sim, and you find yourself not positioned correctly, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX because, when you do that, GSX is not doing anything, it's the sim that positions the airplane by looking at the AFCAD loaded for that airport.

Now, it's not entirely clear the extent of the error you get by using the default menu. If it's entirely off, or rotated, or translated to a side, it usually means you have a conflicting AFCAD, so the one that is supposed to be used by that scenery is not used, because there's a conflicting one. The most common cause of conflicting AFCAD are those supplied with AI traffic products, like MyTraffic, TrafficX, etc, which should be used only if you don't have an add-on airport, and should be removed if you have one. Again, not a GSX problem, even if an AFCAD conflict *will* also cause problems to GSX too.

And, if you use the GSX "Warp me there" function, it will place the airplane in the exact same place UNLESS you do a GSX Customization by setting that parking Stop Position.

If, instead, the error is just the plane parked too close or too far, but is mostly correct and lined up, that's a limitation of the simulator, in which the AFCAD doesn't really know much about different airplane types and their varying stop positions depending on their doors configuration.

That's why GSX has a customizable Stop Position, to overcome that limitation, so I suggest reading the "Understanding the Stop Positions" chapter in the GSX documentation.

Drrick

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 12:05:54 pm »
Fully clear now... The position is already wrong in primary selection of the gate. I do have EDDL as an addon installed.
I will have a look at the AFCAD. Any suggestion how to correct that?
Btw thanks you for your extensive answer! 🙏