Author Topic: I need some help with this vir.  (Read 3311 times)

cdleo22

I need some help with this vir.
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:08:32 pm »
I had to install the latest addon manager and when I went to install it this is the message that I am getting.
C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml Error on line 6, position 2
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document.
Your C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml has not been modified by this installer

and none of the scenery will show up when I start fsx and go to a fsdreamteam airport only the runways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I need some help with this vir.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:13:49 am »
This message means, your DLL.XML file was already corrupted before running our installer.

Our installer *first* makes a syntax check of your FSX XML files BEFORE doing any modification, and if they are already corrupted, it will not proceed.

If you post the content of your file here, I might tell you where the error is.

cdleo22

Re: I need some help with this vir.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 02:03:01 pm »
Well sir I will be honest with you I dont even know how to give you that info. But I have found a program  called Windows Repair Kit and I wanted your opinion about it. Will that solve the issue and fix the file as well as other problems that have been discovered on my computer. Thanks very much for your help it is greatly appreciated.

PS have you guys ever thought about developing a single engine aircraft.