Author Topic: GSX Level1 How to remove the original ground paint around the jetway.  (Read 1992 times)

Abraxas

GSX Ground Service Level1 2.8.3 P3D v5.2 .22.27615
I have created some sceneries with ADE. When P3d starts GSX replaces the jetways from the AddonScenery with the jetways from GSX. However, the ground paintings belonging to the jetways from the Addon Scenery are still visible and additionally the ground paintings of the GSX jetways are also shown. I have through GSX now twice the ground painting around the jetway. My question how to remove one of the two shown ground paintings?
Thanks Abraxas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level1 How to remove the original ground paint around the jetway.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 08:14:29 am »
The default jetways replacement model it's designed to replace the default jetway so, it has the same dimensions, it comes with a bridge of the same size of the default one which you cannot change or remove, and it comes with ground markings like the default jetway model which you cannot change or remove.

All the other 85+ jetway models, have selectable bridges and ground markings that can be optionally disabled.

Abraxas

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 05:16:02 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am a bit helpless, because in the addon sceneries only the default jetway model with GUID bfcdf52b-9142-415c-8318-03c1b92ca9d9 was used.
As you can see on the picture, the jetway itself was replaced, the ground painting was not.
What do I have to do so that only one ground painting can be seen?
Thanks again Abraxas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 12:01:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am a bit helpless, because in the addon sceneries only the default jetway model with GUID bfcdf52b-9142-415c-8318-03c1b92ca9d9 was used.

If you mean you have an add-on scenery using the default jetway AND additional own ground markings in the airport background textures, then it would have the same exact problem of double markings, regardless of GSX because the default jetway model DOES have ground markings which cannot be disabled.

But again, the whole point of GSX customization, is that you can CHANGE the jetway model, once they have been replaced with GSX and, as I've said, all other jetway models in GSX DO have the option to disable the ground marking.

Abraxas

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 09:19:53 am »
No, the shown addon scenery uses the standard jetways without additional ground markings or additional ground polygons.
Where can I read how the jetways or the ground markings are changed in the GSX customization?
Thanks again Abraxas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 12:05:28 pm »
No, the shown addon scenery uses the standard jetways without additional ground markings or additional ground polygons.

Then they aren't the default jetways, unless they have been replaced by the scenery itself or by another add-on that replaced them. I can only repeat and confirm the default jetway model, which has the same GUID you indicated DOES have ground marking so, the only possible explanation left is, either that scenery or some other add-on must have replaced it.

Where can I read how the jetways or the ground markings are changed in the GSX customization?

If you haven't changed anything in GSX scenery customization page, you can be sure the default jetway has been replaced by GSX with a model that have the same dimension of the default one, and comes with an integrated bridge and ground markings that cannot be disabled.

Which, again, can be changed, and in every other model ground markings CAN be disabled optionally. There are a couple of video tutorials in this forum, if you find the explanation in the manual not clear enough.