Author Topic: ILS Landing At KFLL  (Read 6227 times)

passat99

ILS Landing At KFLL
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:41:36 am »
First of all i want to say what a great jod the FSDT has done on KFLL.  This is my first addon airport from FSDT and it will not be my last.  I have a question though. I have flown into KFLL three times now and everytime ATC has given me VFR for 9L all three times. 9L has an ILS Frequency and my flight plan is IFR.  I know that even if you file IFR some runways do not have a ILS and ATC will give visual clearance for that runway but in this situation it is not the case. Any ideas on this. Also am i going to get clearance for 9L everytime or will it eventually change it up?

Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: ILS Landing At KFLL
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:20:41 am »
Visual clearance just means reporting the runway in sight, nothing stopping you from using the ILS.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

passat99

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 07:19:57 am »
Thats what i have done twice now, got the visual and still landed using ILS.  I just have never had ATC in FS tell me to use visual when there is an ILS for the runway and wasnt sure if this was real world or a FSX ATC flaw. Tonight i flew in to KFLL and tried to select a different approach all the options were Visual except 9R and 13. Any input on why i am getting cleared for 9L every flight?

Thanks Bruce! 

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:00:07 am »
Try different weather.

passat99

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:20:01 pm »
I will give that a try Skimmer. I always use real world weather, but i will try picking a theme and see what happens. I was also thinking maybe if i pick a different runway ATC will start using it.

Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:24:56 pm »
You can ask for another runway but, if you just pick one, you'll probably be sent around because you aren't authorized to land on it.  The ATC system is pretty accommodating for requests.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

passat99

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 11:47:28 pm »
Good news!    I finally was given clearance for a different runway 9R. The only thing i figure is the weather changed or winds and like i said i always use real world weather. I appreciate the help Bruce and Skimmer. 

Thanks