Author Topic: Progressive taxi.  (Read 3709 times)

bcm652

Progressive taxi.
« on: December 23, 2019, 12:07:50 am »
Would it be possible to restore Progressive Taxi in fsdt Vancouver CYVR, upon landing and taxiing to the gate. Follow Me and Warp Me might be fine for some, but I don't care for it. I prefer to use Progressive Taxi and I tried everything to make it work, but it doesn't in CYVR. Can you make it happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Progressive taxi.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:41:33 am »
CYVR is probably made in a way ( totally 3d with an hollow ground underneath ) so it won't work with Progressive Taxi.

Of course, you don't really need it, since there's the GSX Follow Me, which is far more realistic than seeing yellow arrows on ground.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 01:46:43 pm »
Okay, then why does CYVR give you Progressive Taxi when you taxi to the runway for take off. If that works, why doesn't progressive taxi work when landing to the gate...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:50:07 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:23:42 pm »
If with "Progressive Taxi" you mean the ATC gives you the option, it shouldn't make any difference between landing or departing, and it's outside our control anyway.

If, instead, you mean the visibility of the yellow arrows, than this particular airport might have problems with them, and it's related to how it's made and cannot be changed. It might work or not, depending on the viewing angle.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 12:25:55 am »
I deleted FSDT Vancouver CYVR and just used GSX with Vancouver airport and Progressive Taxi(yellow arrows) works well for take off to runway and landing to the gate to test your explanation about the airport's fault. GSX Progressive Taxi works perfectly at the Vancouver airport, but not FSDT Vancouver CYVR.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:28:18 am by bcm652 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 02:07:44 pm »
I deleted FSDT Vancouver CYVR and just used GSX with Vancouver airport and Progressive Taxi(yellow arrows) works well for take off to runway and landing to the gate to test your explanation about the airport's fault. GSX Progressive Taxi works perfectly at the Vancouver airport, but not FSDT Vancouver CYVR.
Your post is a little confusing. You mention progressive taxi with the yellow arrows, but then you mention GSX progressive taxi. Which is it. The yellow arrows would be the default simulator progressive taxi, not GSX. GSX uses the follow-me truck.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 11:39:02 pm »
Trust me, I'm not confused, I have fsdt GSX Level 2 Expansion in my computer with MFSX-SE and the only Progressive Taxi option it has is yellow arrows for take off and landing,  Follow Me option is available using hotkey CTRL+F12 instead if ATC.
I can't remember what MFS basic program has for Progressive Taxi.
My scenery program, FSDT Vancouver CYVR has Follow Me and Warp Me There on landing, but not Progressive Taxi(yellow arrows).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:30:37 pm by bcm652 »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 04:31:42 pm »
Trust me, I'm not confused, I have fsdt GSX Level 2 Expansion in my computer with MFSX-SE and the only Progressive Taxi option it has is yellow arrows for take off and landing,  Follow Me option is available using hotkey CTRL+F12 instead if ATC.
I can't remember what MFS basic program has for Progressive Taxi.
My scenery program, FSDT Vancouver CYVR has Follow Me and Warp Me There on landing, but not Progressive Taxi(yellow arrows).
I never said you were confused, I said your post was confusing to read since you mentioned GSX and progressive taxi in the same sentence as if they were one and the same. The progressive taxi with the yellow arrows would be for the default ATC within the simulator, but it has nothing to do with GSX. All GSX has is the follow-me vehicle.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 01:36:16 am »
I don't disagree with you, I believe we are on the same track, just on different trains.
which brings me back to my original question on this forum. I am using fsdt scenery program Vancouver CYVR and I noticed that ATC would give me Progressive Taxi(yellow arrows) to the designated runway for take off, GSX also offered Follow Me or Warp Me.
But, upon landing, ATC showed Progressive Taxi, but did not display it, again GSX also offered Follow Me or Warp Me.
So my question was why did ATC offer Progressive Taxi for take off but not when landing, simple question, not so simple answer, I didn't need it because GSX was available. Fine, but that was not what I asked. Next Question to the forum, did I need to change my setting in MFSX, etc. to make it work. Still no answer. So, if you have any suggestions my friend, I'm all ears. I like Progressive Taxi because I've grown used to using it..

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 02:57:17 pm »
I have no idea, can't help you there. I was just trying to figure out what you were talking about.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 11:26:23 am »
I can only repeat my last answer: If with "Progressive Taxi" you mean the ATC gives you the option, it shouldn't make any difference between landing or departing, and it's outside our control anyway.

If, instead, you mean the visibility of the yellow arrows, than this particular airport might have problems with them, and it's related to how it's made and cannot be changed. It might work or not, depending on the viewing angle.