Author Topic: Problems using Parking Editor and also SODE jetways at PACSIM KSLC  (Read 2056 times)

glc100o

Hello,

I am not sure if this is all a GSX issue or not but thought I would seek some guidance. I have SODE updated to 1.6.5. GSX Level 2. I have read the manual on using the editor. P3d V4.5 HF2. This all applies to PACSIM KSLC for P3d v4 only.

1. I am trying to use the PMDG 747-8 at PACSIM KSLC, and initially chose the heavy gate C6. The plane is too far forward, and enters the terminal using the default stop point. So I edited the stop point back a bit, visually. I exit the editor using Y click apply changes and the airplane is at the position where I wanted it when I re-enter the sim. But when I exit and restart the sim, the plane is back where it started. Too far forward. There is an KSLC ini file (one of three KSLC inis in the APPDATA folder because I have done pushback and parking assist edits before) that corresponds to the date I made the stop point edits that mentions coordinates of the new stop position and user edited. But it appears that it is not being used? If there are three ini's do all get read, and if not which ones are read, and how do I incorporate previous changes? The default PACSIM Pushback directions for all gates was backwards and I had to get those all changed which accounts for one ini from the past, and I don't want to lose that.

2. When I activate jetways at gate C6 the jetway properly attaches to 2L. But there is a static jetway from which the moving jetway emerges that remains fixed with the moving and attaching jetway above it. This ghost static jetway does not happen at other airports.

3. If I park at gate C11 heavy, using default parking position with no modifications,  try to operate the jetway, GSX says  no jetway found. The parking editor clearly sees a jetway. If I go to the SODE menu and operate it, it says the aircraft and jetway are not properly aligned, cannot operate.

4. I have a question about using the parking editor. How does one when in the slew mode of the editor, move around to optimally visualize what one is trying to do. Best I can do so far it set up a view first which remains static in a window and that makes it hard to see what I doing.

Thanks,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems using Parking Editor and also SODE jetways at PACSIM KSLC
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:54:23 am »
But when I exit and restart the sim, the plane is back where it started. Too far forward.

What you did when you restarted the sim ? If you just went to the airport using the standard menu, it's entirely normal it won't know anything of your edited Stop Position, because that's something relevant only to GSX. The default command will always place the airplane center of mass in the center of the parking, regardless how you set the GSX Stop Position.

The GSX Stop position is only used by GSX, so you must use GSX to move there, either using the "Warp me there" function if you are in another place of the airport ( but outside a parking ), or the "Reposition Airplane" command, if you are already parked.

The Stop position will also be used by GSX Marshallers and Docking systems, and it's also related to the Preferred Exit used which, again, it's a GSX only concept. Please have a look at the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the Stop Position" at Page 43

glc100o

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 04:08:44 am »
Thanks Umberto. Now I understand, and it works exactly as you say regarding the stop position.

The other issues as expected relate to PACSIM, and I am working with the developer on those.

I do have one additional question for clarification. If there are three ini's that related to GSX modifications done at different times at KSLC, are all three being read and incorporated by GSX?

Thanks again,

Greg

glc100o

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:56:47 am »
Hello,

I think this thread got missed during the holidays. See question posed by my last reply

Thanks

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 01:08:54 pm »
If there are three ini's that related to GSX modifications done at different times at KSLC, are all three being read and incorporated by GSX?

No, only one at a time, with not much control over which one is used, most likely directory alphabetical order of priority. You should try to consolidate all your changes in a single file.