Author Topic: Gsx jetway will not operate UNTIL..............  (Read 1765 times)

strude11

Gsx jetway will not operate UNTIL..............
« on: December 19, 2019, 07:25:52 pm »
Hi Umberto
Noticed a random problem that occurs with the gsx jetway not being recognised until I bring up the GSX - customise airport position window.

I construct a new gsx jetway at an airport. It resolves ok to fwd pax door. Everything works fine.

I take off, do a circuit and return to the same gate. Jetway is visible and is in parked position. I then bring up the gsx menu and select “Operate jetway”

I then get a message that the jetway cannot operate at this position. I then go to addons-gsx-customise airport position and when the window opens, I immediately close it. Then when I go to operate jetway from the menu, it works no problem.

I can’t understand why it does this Umberto, as this is not just confined to a single airport - it can happen at various airports.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Many thanks

Iain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx jetway will not operate UNTIL..............
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 01:47:13 pm »
Does it happen with every kind of jetway ?

strude11

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »
Hi Umberto

It happens at any airport where I have replaced the supplied jetways with GSX2 jetways.

Iain

Kevin_28

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 09:36:22 pm »
I know Umberto is already assisting, but, out of curiosity, do you note the exact position of your plane when you load up and when you return back to the gate? Does your plane move positions when you go in to the customize airport position mode? It may be that you're pulling up too far when you return to the gate so the jetway cannot operate.

strude11

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »
I know Umberto is already assisting, but, out of curiosity, do you note the exact position of your plane when you load up and when you return back to the gate? Does your plane move positions when you go in to the customize airport position mode? It may be that you're pulling up too far when you return to the gate so the jetway cannot operate.

Hi Kevin
I fly Prosim 737 and all my gates are set exactly on the stop markings as assigned by Safedocks. All stop positions are precise and my nosewheel sits on the exact spot as set by the stop position assigned by gsx parking system. Bearing in mind that all jetways are resolved to fwd pax door as assigned by key 5. If no chime is heard then it follows that the jetway would not operate. This is the strange thing - when the command is given to operate the jetway - it only works but only after loading the customise window. As i stated, this is random, sometimes ok, sometimes not. Weird!!