Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1423 times)

ukbadge

Thank You
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:45:52 am »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but since the last update, we now have the ability to ignore the wingspan, which means my 737 is always directed to a nearest gate, rather than an obscure parking spot.

This has been a bugbare of mine for years and this has been resolved. So thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 03:55:39 pm »
Well, even if it's nice you like the update, it was never a GSX problem or something that had to be "resolved" to begin with. It's more like an hack to deal with scenery AFCADs with badly set radiuses.

It has side effects too. If the scenery hasn't been customized for GSX, the vehicle starting positions will be calculated automatically based on the parking radius, and if this is too small for your aiplane wingspan, vehicles might start too close, and when they do, they might take strange routes, so you might be mislead thinking GSX has a "bug" of crazy vehicles, but only because the AFCAD radius wasn't set correctly.

That's why there was such a limitation to begin with, and I sill think it's a sensible one and, now that you are free to park everywhere, it's even more important than before to do a proper GSX customization, by placing all vehicles in their correct position for the scenery.