Author Topic: Couatl does not start **SOLVED**  (Read 2788 times)

bkasf

Couatl does not start **SOLVED**
« on: December 17, 2019, 05:24:02 am »
After the latest update, couatl does not start anymore and GSX is in trail mode. If I try to register the serial number again, a window pops up that coutal cannot be started possible due to AV and that I should exclude the folder, although I have already excluded the folder, starting the coult.exe does not solve the issue either. I suspect that this has something to do with the latest Windows update, and other user reported the same issue, but the topics disappeared.
Is there any solution?

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:57:11 pm by virtuali »

Bobi

Re: Couatl does not start
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 08:03:19 am »
Hi!
I have exactly the same issue, right after the latest GSX update. There are no couatl or GSX sections in Prepar3d top menu. If I try to register the serial number thrue the addon manager, a window pops up that coutal cannot be started. I reinstaled GSX with the latest installer, the addon manager folder is excluded in AV.I tried to start coualt manualy and it seems manager accepted the serial, but still no GSX stuff in the addon options.
Any solutions?

Thank you!

emsss78

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 08:58:29 am »
Guys it's fixed already...just run an update again now and restart it will work..same thing happened with all of us yesterday now it's back to normal

jbucholz

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »
Well it didn't fix the issue for me, in fact, it made it worse.  Not only will GSX not work and couatl not start, non of my joystick buttons programmed through FSUIPC work.  I can't even use the standard Shift+P control in P3D to push back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 12:57:03 pm »
The issue is confirmed to be fixed by everybody, and it's simply impossible that anything in GSX could have any effect on the simulator configuration, or the controls.

The updater doesn't touch ANY of the simulator own configuration files, such as the Prepar3d.cfg or other .cfg files, that's why it's just not possible that, for example, controls or keys could be affected, let alone FSUIPC, which we don't use, don't require and don't touch.

jbucholz

Re: Couatl does not start **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 01:20:11 pm »
Well, not sure what to tell you but running the updater was the last thing I did and since then, no couatl, no GSX, no controls through FSUIPC.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl does not start **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 04:08:29 pm »
Well, not sure what to tell you but running the updater was the last thing I did and since then, no couatl, no GSX, no controls through FSUIPC.

Just because you ran the update as the last thing *you* do, doesn't mean the update was the cause. There are plenty of background processes in Windows ( like antivirus, that's just one of them ) you have no control over, that can affect and change files without you knowing so, fact it happened just after the update was purely coincidental.

The only thing sure, the FSDT Live Update doesn't touch ANY of the simulator own files.

One thing the updater does ( but it does it since years, nothing new ) is that if you or some other addon has mistakenly set a Compatibility mode for Prepar3D.exe, it will reset to default, because running the sim in Compatibility mode decrease performances and causes all sort of issues, like video driver problems, low fps, rendering issues, etc. because Compatibilty modes like XP or Vista under Windows 10 will force the video drivers to run in a lesser performing mode ( WDDM 1.0 ), not the native Windows 8/10 mode ( WDDM 1.1 ).

The only Compatibility flags we leave in place are "run as Admin" ( if enabled ) and "disable full screen optimizations" ( if enabled ).

That's the one and only thing the updater does to the simulator itself, which is restoring to how it's supposed to run, since by default all compatibility modes are disabled, when the simulator is installed. And the updater always did that, since several years so, there's nothing new or different in this update that might have caused that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:15:18 pm by virtuali »