Author Topic: PMDG 737NGXu Straight Pushback Issue  (Read 2673 times)

RRVyper

PMDG 737NGXu Straight Pushback Issue
« on: December 12, 2019, 10:08:59 pm »
When using the NGXu and selecting "Straight Pushback (manual stop, max 100m)" as soon as I select "Stop here and complete pushback procedure" the aircraft lurches forward until I activate the brakes. This happens at default airports and add-on (including FSDT YVR) but only with the NGXu. The NGX and FSL A3xx stop as expected. I have Pushback set to "Other/None" in the FS Actions/Auto Ground Operations menu (have also tried "Sim Drives") and Turn Type Off (after loading C&D. There is no custom aircraft config in GSX. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix/workaround? I haven't seen it mentioned here or on the PMDG forum. (GSX L2 is up-to-date).

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737NGXu Straight Pushback Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 07:30:11 pm »
It's a PMDG-only problem, which could be solved easily if they just checked if GSX is Pushing, like other 3rd party airplanes from FS Labs, Aerosoft, Leonardo do. The issue is:

- PMDG has some kind of internal simulation of the steering which constantly acts on the gear/rudders, so it fights against the GSX one, causing the rudder to shake, since both are trying to write to the same variable. In real life, during Pusbhack, the Bypass pin would disconnect the airplane hydraulic steering from the nose gear, so the Tow truck could turn it freely, and so any custom airplane code that does that should also be temporarily disabled while pushing.

- It was recently discovered by an user that, pressing Shift-P after the pushback started stopped the vibration, most likely because PMDG IS detecting the default pushback, so they *are* pausing their custom code in that case.

So, we just added an option for those airplanes, named "Pushback Dummy Event", which does just that: is sending a Shift-P event to the sim when the pushback starts, and another one when the pushback ends, and that's what is causing that "drift" at the end. Also, is not perfect because, even if this solved the rudder shaking, is still causing some small vibrations, since now GSX must fight against the default pushback.

This way, you have the option to either use that option in the airplane configuration dialog ( by default is enabled for PMDG airplanes ), so you will not have the rudder shaking, but it will drift at the end, or you can disable it, so GSX will not send those keys any more, which will fix the drift, but will result in the rudders shaking in the VC.

Of course, the proper way to fix this, would be that PMDG would detect the GSX pushback just as they are detecting the default one, and turn off whatever system they need, which is how FS Labs, Leonardo and Aerosoft, which all have some kind of custom ground steering, are doing.

RRVyper

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:37:05 pm »
Thanks for the explanation Umberto. I tried the PMDG 737NGX and the aircraft does not propel forward when ending the straight pushback, only the NGXu. I'll test the other PMDG aircraft I have today. I'll also see if disabling the "Pushback Dummy Event" fixes it.

Randy

RRVyper

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 11:26:58 pm »
Umberto, I tried your suggestions and the pushbackDummyEvent has no affect on the issue, whether selected or not. In addition, Shift+P does not make a difference. PMDG revamped their pushback code but I'm thinking it has a few bugs and does not play well with GSX.

Randy