Author Topic: Undergroud refuelling point  (Read 1863 times)

kano

Undergroud refuelling point
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:47:29 pm »
It may not be an specific GSX question but surely is a good place to start.
Does any body know how you set up a a ground refuelling point?
I mean, how does GSX know where on the groud is the refuelling point in order to attach the pipes right where in the scenery you can see the texture depicting the refuelling point?. IS it with the AFCAD? if so, where on the AFCAD?

Otherwise, is it something to be asked in FSDevelopers or where?

Thank you

Kano

kennymac825

Re: Undergroud refuelling point
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 10:52:15 pm »
I think if you are running FSX it's not available, unfortunately. I think it is only for P3D

kano

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:54:39 pm »
It may not be an specific GSX question but surely is a good place to start.
Does any body know how you set up a a ground refuelling point in Prepar3d 4.5 whic is the one I use and has already point that someone has therefore set up?
I mean, how does GSX know where on the groud is the refuelling point in order to attach the pipes right where in the scenery you can see the texture depicting the refuelling point?. IS it with the AFCAD? if so, where on the AFCAD?

Otherwise, is it something to be asked in FSDevelopers or where?

Thank you

Kano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 07:09:07 pm »
There's no such thing as a refueling point in the AFCAD, the format doesn't provide this information so, if you see them made in 3rd party sceneries, they have been placed as normal ground textures, but nothing in the sim knows about them.

However, even if there was a way to tell GSX where the underground fuel point is in real life, we wouldn't use it, and the reason why has been explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21660.msg148603.html#msg148603

That's why GSX comes with its own fuel Manhole ( which is also required, because it's animated too ), so that it can place it in relationship to the Hydrant vehicle, in a way that will always work.

kano

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 07:31:20 pm »
Got it, I notice that the texture comes up as soon as you trigger GSX. I did not noticed that it wasn't there already. I now understand that if the scenery add teh texture, then there will peobably two points, but GSX will use its own.

Thanks for answering

Kano